eBay's Tracking Percentage Policy: Same Buyer, Need Two Tracking Numbers To Comply.

Look, I understand why they brought it in, HOWEVER, lately I've had buyers make a habit of buying multiple items under different guest accounts (eg: a buyer buys two items: one under fred-060 and one under fred-071)

Same name. Same address. Purchased two minutes apart.

Guess what? Due to eBay's policy, I can't put them in the same envelope because I need two separate tracking numbers (because the buyer used two different accounts).

Prior to the policy's introduction, I would've just put the tracking on one, marked the second item as sent, refunded excess postage, and notified the buyer that the second item was in with the first. Can't do that now, because simply marking the second item as sent lowers my percentage.

Spoke to eBay support about it and was told never to combine the postage in these cases, because it will lower my percentage (which I already knew).

Common sense dictates that if it's the SAME buyer at the SAME address in a short time frame, postage should be able to be combined. Not only is this inconvenient and (regardless of cost, it requires more packing materials, and I'm not trying to kill the environment any faster), but it's surely worse for the buyer, who now has to pay for 2 x postage (and track/collect 2 envelopes instead of one)? Can't wait 'til someone buys 6 or so items and does this ... looking forward ...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: eBay's Tracking Percentage Policy: Same Buyer, Need Two Tracking Numbers To Comply.

Aha - that may be what's happening.

I've never had this issue before (with someone purchasing using multiple guest accounts) but it's happened 3 times in the past week and a half, hence my whinging.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: eBay's Tracking Percentage Policy: Same Buyer, Need Two Tracking Numbers To Comply.

For the most part anything effected in search standing is just from bad eBay store maintenance and care.

So to answer your question, no it doesn't. The hold is kinda annoying but we've worked it do have a buffer, there is constantly 3k+ on hold but as I said releases after being marked sent regardless we upload tracking or not.

Yeah I'm not really sure about the disputes, would like be a lil pain, Our currently thing is we have to ask CS reps to close cases otherwise we will lose the disputes as the get escalated automatically with no tracking events on eBay even though it shows on Australia Post.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply