eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

I have a seller who has copied my listing photos. As my polite email to the seller has been ignored I called eBay CS who advised me to file an NoCI through their VeRO program, which I have done 

From what I understand once eBay process the NoCI I will automatically be a member of VeRO.... my question is this, is there any of you guys a member and how effective is it for the smaller seller in stopping other sellers copying their listings & photos?

Smiley Happy 

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

Just as a matter of interest, was your pic of a second hand product resold or a new item with the pic being watermarked ? (professional looking)

image host
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

The pic is of a new item, but I have taken the photos of it myself.. The only watermark is my seller id - the one ebay apply when the listing is uploaded. The top half of my watermark is just visible in the photos the seller has copied from me.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

I'm confused is Jamberry your company? did you take those pics yourself? or are you talking about the 2 pictures with Lizzys allsorts on them?
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

The dancing lilacs and lost ruins other nail pics are company stock photos so you can't claim them as your own even though you have your ID on them. So that just leaves the starter kit.also if you have given permission for your pictures to be used in ebay catalogue then it's pretty much open slather for anyone to use your pics.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I understood that the VeRO program protected trademarks/brand names.

Are you the owner of the Jamberry brand name.  If you are then you have more than one seller using your photos.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

I sell Jamberry products.. and yes I have used some stock photos, as other sellers have. The photos that have been copied are for the Tru Shine Gel Enamel System, those photos are my own work.  I havn't given permission for my photos to be used in ebay's catalogue either!

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

I don't own Jamberry.. all I want to do is protect my photography & stop other sellers nicking it !!!

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

eBay's VeRO Program.. ..

are you sure you haven't because most were automatically opted in, you had to manually opt out.
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply