eBay says paid but items unpaid.

A buyer recently bid for and won a number of items from me. I sent combined invoice yesterday and on my eBay selling tab, under "payments - 60 days" I have zero$ showing unpaid.
However, my PayPal shows no payment( this buyer will pay with PayPal), and when I check the status of the items sold to this buyer, it shows an hourglass icon. That's helpful (not) since the list if icons eBay shows us in this section, on the left side of page, does not include this hourglass symbol.
I dread having to contact eBay by phone to resolve but I guess I have few options other than check with buyer whether they indeed have paid.
Has this happened to anyone else and is it a common bug in the eBay system?
Thanks for your thoughts.
Asia Antique Maps
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Has he paid with an e-cheque? They take about a week to clear.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I don't know if he has paid with an e-cheque as there has been no notification of anything being paid, or being held for clearance. I will check with buyer abt the e-cheque.
What exactly is an e-cheque anyway? I had another of these a few months ago, not thru eBay, but wasn't sure why or how ppl use them. It was thru PayPal, but I got a notification of it. This time, nothing.
Cheers,
Asia Antique Maps
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

An eCheque is a PayPal payment made directly from your bank account. Since it is a bank transfer (as opposed to a credit card transfer) it is a non-instant payment method.

A buyer will usually only pay by eCheque if they have not loaded a credit card into PayPal. This will sometimes be deliberate (some folks don't trust PayPal with their credit card details). Other times, it is simply because the buyer is inexperienced and does not know any different.

I have never paid for anything by eCheque, but from what I've heard, PayPal does make it very clear that it is a non-instant payment method.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The hourglass symbol means that the buyer's payment is being processed. There should be an option (from the drop-down menu next to the icon) that will allow you to view the 'status' of the payment, or something to that effect. Definitely sounds like an eCheque payment.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It could be the buyer marking as paid, using a non-Paypal method of payment.

The hourglass means payment pending. Don't post until it turns into a $ sign.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply