eBay sucks

eBay sucks!

Firstly, what is with them now charging sellers a fee when a buyer doesn’t pay for the item?

Secondly, I need to refund a buyer to combine postage and Ebay doesn’t refund fees on the postage, Ebay tells me to avoid this I should refund postage fee LESS Ebay fee, **bleep**!!!!! 

Thirdly, get an Ebay voucher told it wasn’t a single use voucher used half and now it’s all gone! Ebay says sorry you were told the wrong thing but it was single use tough luck!

Beyond dispicable!!!

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay sucks

@shinebrightalways88 wrote:

Yes that is correct it’s now done via cancellation and Ebay previously refunded the whole fee whereas now they don’t which I don’t agree with!

Do they charge the 30c fee even if the buyer doesn't pay? In their fee credits policy, they state the following will be credited for unpaid items that are cancelled:

• Final value fee (Variable component only. The $0.30 per order fixed amount is not credited.)
  • Promoted listings fee (if applicable)
  • International fee (if applicable)

I do note that they say the 30c per order is not credited, but I assumed that only applies at the point of payment rather than the point of sale, and I don't really have a way to check for sure - it does seem a bit on the nose to charge that fee either way, though, as like most sellers, I just took it as the replacement for PayPal's service fee, which was only charged when they actually provided the payment processing service. 

Re: credits for partial refunds, I can't say I like the policy, but I've actually just accepted this strategy to make my life easier. I make it as easy as possible for buyers to check out all items at once, with postage discounts applied automatically, so if they don't do it I really just don't have the time or energy to get on the phone with ebay and try to argue over fee credits, so I refund less the cost incurred and combine. (For what it is worth, I've only ever had buyers thank me for this, never had one get angry that I didn't refund more, though I have had a couple get upset because they didn't check the reason for the refund and assumed I wasn't supplying something in the order and refunding for that). 

Some sellers do seem to have success with getting credits after partial refunds, so I guess it depends on whether you want to keep trying on principle.

I can't really offer any comment on the voucher situation; again it's probably one of those things where if you get a sympathetic rep, they might be inclined to do / say something more favourable, but I don't know the ins and outs of that, and it's another matter of whether it's worth the time and energy to keep trying. 

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

eBay sucks

I am unable to offer comment on points 2 & 3.

eBay has always charged their fee the moment the item is sold.

You have had non payers in the past.

Don't say you are not aware of the unpaid item item process after 16 years.

Or have you been too preoccupied with leaving false positive feedback for non payers & throwing other sellers under the bus?

smh.

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

eBay sucks

Thanks for the very uneducated response lol.

You clearly have no idea there is no unpaid item process anymore and unlike prior to managed payments, seller now gets charged a fee when an item is not paid for which wasn’t the case before so get your facts straight.

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

eBay sucks

It might pay you to get your facts straight. As advertised several months ago, the procedure for NPBs is within cancellations now. Maybe keep up to date with eBay announcements.

Who is uneducated?

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

eBay sucks

So arrogant lol I know the procedure but they no longer refund all of the fee they still charge a fee for non paid items and I have an issue with that.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

eBay sucks

@shinebrightalways88 wrote:

You clearly have no idea there is no unpaid item process anymore and unlike prior to managed payments, seller now gets charged a fee when an item is not paid for which wasn’t the case before so get your facts straight.

Facts are funny things, and sometimes you don't know which ones you don't know. 

You're right that there's no unpaid item process.... But you can cancel due to non-payment after 4 (maybe 5?) days. It functions in almost every way the old UPI process did, in that it blocks feedback, gets your fees back, and issues the buyer a non-payment strike, but now it doesn't drag the process out to a minimum of 8 days.

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

eBay sucks

Yes that is correct it’s now done via cancellation and Ebay previously refunded the whole fee whereas now they don’t which I don’t agree with!

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

eBay sucks

I haven't had a NPB since MP came in, but at worst eBay keep the 30c flagfall. Doubtful, given there is no payment to apply the fee to. Either way, it's a minor cost, and no worse, overall, than Paypal fees.

You need to compare apples with apples, and get YOUR facts straight.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

eBay sucks

Well it isn’t through PayPal though is it!

I have a problem with it and I’m surprised at the nature of the responses I thought this was a forum to help eachother etc but seems from my first response it’s full of bullies.

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

eBay sucks

Maybe it's an attitude thing.

You came onto a forum that is designed to have other members provide solutions, ignored every suggestion you were given, notably didn't address the fact that you constantly breach policies, and had a shot at everybody trying to provide solutions to your 'problem'.

Maybe if eBay sucks that much, stop selling here. Problem solved. I'm sure there are plenty of other online avenues for you to list on.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply