eBay support is non-existent - Please help!

HI All, 

I sold a camping knife to a person in Germany worth US$405. I shipped the item registered post international which has tracking on the recieving countries postal service. The reason for no tracking on Auspost is because it is only one stop and then it goes overseas. The buyer has put a request through for refund. I have contacted the client explaining the situation... here is the situation: 

1. It only has been 15 days. 

2. German Postal Service have been on Strike for 5 weeks and just finished few days ago. So there is a backlog/delay. 

3. The tracking will update once they start processing all the packages again. 

I have ran Auspost and got them to investigate. I tried calling PayPal for Seller Protection to provide proof of shipment but they said "because the request/claim was put through Ebay they have no where to put that information". LOL 

Dont worry it gets better. I contacted eBay Australia and they told me sorry I need to talk to eBay Germany. So I tried replying to their email but everytime I clicked on one of the options it would just take me to Auspost Tracking. I tried differenet browsers (I do IT), technical issue on their end. Then I called them up but UNFORTUNATELY I dont speak German. 

I thought I would give eBay Aus a call back and explain the situation. I get another rep saying you need to contact Ebay Germany. I tried to tell him the situation but the usually thing... repeats the script and doesnt even listen. So I asked to speak to a Team Leader. I explained the situation and she seemed to be interested in helping me. I told her "all I am asking for is for a contact email address or a way to upload the proof". She said that is understandable and put me on hold. Comes back and says sorry having issues with translating their page and can she put me on hold again. She comes back again and says she cant find their contact details for me to email. She is going to transfer me to talk to them. I said I dont speak German. "No, they have a English speaking section and I spoke to them". I said then please warm transfer me. Next you know the call is disconnected. I called Ebay Germany a few more times to see if I can get a option for English but no go. 

So I still have 6 days to respond to buyers request,  I cant use the options in the email to reply to the request, buyer is not responding to my standard messages and Ebay will not help me what so ever. Even though I NEVER LISTED THE ITEMS ON Ebay Germany. 

Can someone please help because soon I will be out of pocket US$405 and no product. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm sorry to learn of your predicament, I feel for your problems!

I think the best thing to do is to get through a team leader again and explain it all again and get them to transfer you over to the English-speaking German section.

BUT... this time get them to put notes onto your case and ask for a case number so you can get them to easily catch up on this in the future.  AND... tell them that their system hangs up on you when they transfer you.  This happens to me also and so I tell them to be careful when transferring and now it doesn't seem to happen. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks mate. I will give this a try. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply