eBay unjust treatment of Sellers

I am not asking a question, more to vent my frustation. A while back I had a return opened against me, then immediately cancelled, wrong item (wrong Seller)  So was it removed from my Seller Dashboard ?.... "oh no, can't do that"  said one eBay rep. then many others said it would be removed, but still it stays.  So I am stuck with it, a .98% return rate listed, now it has climed to 1.1% and will continue to climb as I am not selling for a while.  The response to one of my emails to eBay, was to tell me to do better. Yet I have never had any returns at all. Now rumour tells me that if it gets to 1.4% I will be charged higher fees. It is impossible to win against a system that is so stacked against Sellers.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ring & ask to speak to a supervisor
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

100% agree. You need to speak to a supervisor

The call center staff are uselss for this type of situation (and Live Chat would not be much better)

Email replies are bot generated so the response would not even relate to your individual question or situation

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I hear your vent and sympathise.

I know you weren't posting for a solution so much as expressing your frustration. In your situation I'd feel that frustration and want to stomp off and play angry music on a disposable piano. Nevertheless, like the others here, I would also phone eBay using the Have Us Call You option and with great politeness request immediate removal of the black mark, while I'm on the phone. I'd be prepared to restate the situation and request over and over again, without allowing any frustration to be noticeable in my tone, and if I were told it's being escalated or looked into, I'd repeat what I have said; I would not get off the phone without resolution. (Resolution does not equal anything other than removal of the mark. It doesn't equal promise of removal.)

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The Buyer finally left feedback and I told them of the situation. They rang eBay several times. Ebay also rang me and said it would disappear in 60 days...wrong....they told the Buyer  it would be removed in two days.....wrong....I had to tell the Buyer to stop in the end, and don't bother because they don't give a hoot about Sellers.  The whole thing was a total waste of time. Everyone she and I spoke to said something different. The only one who told the truth was the one that said it couldn't (or wouldn't) be removed. To make matters worse, the Buyer was originally complaining to eBay about a squashed box sent via Global Shipping, and she claims eBay started the return (not her) and that it was their mistake. This makes it even more bizarre, as I didn't think that was possible with an item via Global Shipping.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply