eBays new payment system

Should I change to the new system and if so what are the risks apart from having to wait to receive payment from buyers. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

eBays new payment system

There's no choice. Everyone will have to move across eventually. In my case I had until 10 July but I think everyone gets a different date to help slowly move everyone across, it will be in the email titled "Getting paid on eBay has changed"

"After 10 July your ability to relist or revise existing listings or create new listings will be disabled, and we may remove all your live listings."

If I don’t update my account details now, what happens?

The new eBay payments experience enhances the buying and selling experience on eBay. Registering to the new payments experience is a requirement for all sellers in 2021, all sellers will eventually be required to link their bank account to keep selling on eBay. If you receive a notification, we encourage you to update your account details as soon as possible.

Getting paid has changed. Here’s what you need to know 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

eBays new payment system

Move to new system or stop selling on ebay.  That's the correct wording of your question

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

eBays new payment system

There are many threads about this on the boards.

Have a read.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

eBays new payment system

jarda66
Community Member

Not sure if I like this

I'm out of pocket for postage most of the time as I get slogged by ebay for postage % charges  and now I need to wait to get payed, no more instant payment.

Should I waiting for the ebay payout before posting items?

Why skim 12% of total price including postage?

Not happy Jan

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

eBays new payment system

There are many threads about this on the boards.

Have a read

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

eBays new payment system

eBay tell you it’s ok to post items once buyers have paid in the payment notification.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

eBays new payment system

OK! you have posted this a couple of times, but where is the link to boards as I'm not sure where to find them

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

eBays new payment system

Sure they tell you to post the item, but that is not the point, I like instant payment like OSKO or PayPal

I will most likely cancel my Ebay+ subscription

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

eBays new payment system

You will not have a choice re changing over, it is coming to all sellers, some earlier than others, we didn't move till March this year, but many were moved last year, so inevitable for you.

Why on earth are you out of pocket for post?

You should be incorporating it into your pricing/listing.  Either include in the price of your item, or set it up as a separate function so, your listing reads $x + Postage or $x free postage.

And yes, no-one agrees with them taking a % from postage, but this is a topic that has been hashed over  many times, eBay will not be changing, so best to work with it.

Do not wait to receive the funds from a sale before posting off your item, we do understand that this is a bit hard to swallow, but, once eBay advises you that the buyer has paid, you must adhere to your postage policy and send.  Or extend your handling time, or risk being pinged for late delivery.

eBay will forward your payment in a couple of days.

We were also a bit uncomfortable when we first moved across to MP, and slightly worried with the new delayed payment system, but it has now settled down and $'s are being forwarded to us regularly and without any problems. 

Their percentage charged is something that you must work into your listings, no point selling if you are not making any money. If you want to sell on their platform, then they get to dictate the terms and conditions. You may not like it, but, It is what it is.

You could try an alternative platform and learn a new system, or set up your own selling site,  which we tried and spectacular disaster! Some very hard, expensive lessons learnt! 

We calculate 15% fee, and that seems to work for us with a little padding in the end deduction. 

eBay is always changing and can be soooo frustrating - we all understand where you are coming from, but only you can decide whether this site is working for you and if you are happy here. If not then another platform might be a more comfortable site for you, eg Gumtree, (which also comes with its own idiosyncrasies).

It can be fun and lucrative if you can work with the rules and policies that are set out.

Whatever you decide, good luck going forward.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply