eCheques

I just received my second eCheque payment, which provides no Seller Protection.

1. Is there a way to get any protection with eCheque's through PayPal?

2. Is there a way to block eCheque payments?

Thanks alot.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eCheques

Echeques do qualify for seller protection, once they clear, its only while pending that the seller is not protected. And no, you cant stop a buyer paying with an echeque.

Today might be the day that I get mistaken for some-one important - Hyacinth Bucket
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

eCheques

Oh good, thankyou very much. 🙂

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

eCheques

Sometimes PayPal will choose e-cheque if the buyer has made a lot of purchases or several expensive items.

I usually send a message saying, I have an e-cheque as payment and PayPal state it will clear between xx march - xx march. I will send the item the following business day it clears. (Usually around 4-5 business days to clear)

I have had some where as the payer didn't realise it reverted to an e-cheque, hence the message. 😉                       (Thanks gem for having my back on the other in AC)

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

eCheques

Thanks kopenhagen, that's interesting. I didn't mention that it was an eCheque (as I assumed they already knew) but say that payment may not be cleared until the date given by PayPal.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

eCheques

echeques are not so bad,  actually good in respect the buyer can`t do a charge back months down the track like they can when payments are funded by credit cards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

eCheques

It can actually take quite a bit longer to clear than the estimated time given by paypal, I have had them take up to 10 days, but as SP has said, no chance of a charge back once they are cleared.

And you're welcome Kopes 🙂

Today might be the day that I get mistaken for some-one important - Hyacinth Bucket
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

eCheques

Just a tip soul, let the buyer know that you will post the item as soon as the e-chq clears explaining to them how it works. Once it clears and you post, again let the buyer know.

An awful lot of eBayers do not know how the e-chq works and I have a few ask why the item had not been posted while I was still waiting for clearance.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

eCheques

Thanks GBC, all good. I'll send them another message now explaining the eCheque thing and how it affects payment/postage.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply