ebay insertion fees

I am surprised to see that now i am charged each time i list an item, The items i listed last week for $1.65 insertion fee that didnt sell, i am again charged another $1.65 this week to sell the same item it doesnt make sense, if i had book for $10 that took 10 weeks to sell, it would cost 16.50 to sell it, it just doesnt sound right to me. Is this correct.

I can work around it by good till cancelled for unsold items but it is unfair for my customers i use to drop price till it sold, i can no longer do that is unfair for my customers, it is robbery, so u buy a book for 5 bux list it for 10 bux takes 3 weeks to sell 3x 1.65 plus final value fee plus paypal fee is terrible. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ebay insertion fees

You haven't got a store so why haven't you got 40 free listings per month like the rest of us?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

ebay insertion fees

You have probably used all your 40 freebies for the month.

Go to all selling and scroll to the bottom in promo's.

There you can see how many freebies are left.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

ebay insertion fees

Unless they are auctions, you can only list as GTC. If you want to pull them every week, that is a choice YOU make. You could simply edit them weekly to reduce the price, or start them lower as they are obviously not selling at your original price.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

ebay insertion fees

If you get 40 free listings a month, that should pretty much cover you if you are a casual seller.

If you're finding you want to make more listings than that then yes, you're going to have to think carefully about what you list and how many times you relist it.

Many years back when we were selling, we paid for each and every listing, plus commission on sales. Admittedly it was not $1.65 a pop but then again, a lot of our items were only starting at $3 or $4. But what it meant that if something didn't sell in the week, we had a really good look at how many views it had had, how many watchers and decided whether it was worth relisting. Often with dearer items, we lowered the price slightly.

If it didn't sell after that, we either gave it to the op shop or if we thought it was a good item, saved it for later. But there is no way on earth anything would have been given 10 insertions. or even 3 most times.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

ebay insertion fees

I don't have a store, and have never paid an insertion fee. I refuse to give eBay any of my profit. I don't know why anyone would pay insertion fees.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

ebay insertion fees

Especially at eBay Australia's prices, being 3-5 times the cost of most (if not all) of eBay's worldwide variants when it comes to insertion fees.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply