ebay item not received scam

Hi, 

i have decided to start my own thread as i can see this is going to be a long drawn out battle against eBay to recover money from a buyer they refunded due to postage delays. 

The simple verision is that a buyer in USA opened a claim as item not recieved, as you all know there was postage delays. eBay decided because there was no tracking updates for 3 weeks to refund the buyer. 2 days after the refund the tracking has now scanned into NY USA

28th item purchased

28th item posted. 

5th april buyer asked where is item. 

Replied it is currently still in transit in Melbourne, delays expected. 

16th April Buyer said item is showing on USPS as not posted. 

Replied to check Aus post item departed australia 6th April but due to major delays expect it could take an additional 4 weeks.

17th april,  Buyer demanded refund because he purchased it locally. 

I replied as soon as it was returned full refund is not  problem. 

18th April buyer opened refund claim.

i explained the delay and said a refund would be possible once item was delivered and return planned. 

22nd april customer asked ebay to step in to resolved. 

Provided details regarding delay etc...

buyer sent daily messages item not moving 

27 april ebay was going to decide on the outcome. 

28 april ebay refunded customer. 

unable to call i had to open an appeal, 

29 april, appeal rejected because there was no new tracking updates. 

I have now asked for the to contact me as there is currently no way i cant contact them, they said it will take 24- 48 hours. 

After many denial requests from eBay, i have informed them i will proceed with legal action to recover the money from eBay, as there was suffiecnt advice made available to them that there would be world wide delays with mail services. 

What i can assure you is i will not lose out on this transaction as i blocked my bank account as soon as ebay was going to make a decision on who to side with, i had read enough to know it would be the buyer.  i know most people transact more than i do and its not possible to block your account, however i transact little at higher dollar values so it certianly better for me to block my bank account. 

Ebays resposnse. 

Dear Thomas,

Good day!

One of the eBay representatives that you talked to reached out to us here in Appeals

about the Mercury Vessel View 7 Kit 8M0074095 that you sold to “REMOVED”. I am here to assist and provide options.

I can't afford to see you lose sale for this transaction. I suggest that you contact your shipping carrier about your item's whereabouts. After they traced the item and found out that the item has been delivered to your buyer, please contact your buyer because they can pay you back using PayPal "send money" option. If your shipping carrier states that the item is lost, you can file a claim with them so they can compensate you for your loss.

The reason why I asked you to do these things is because when we had to make a decision to the case, that the tracking information (CY102972117AU) for shipping is no longer traceable since April 6. This is why the case was closed and we cannot grant your appeal.

Thomas, I trust the solutions I presented above will help you. Believe me, contacting your shipping company is the best solution in finding the item’s whereabouts and contacting your buyer for repayment is the best way for you to get you money back.

If you'd like to learn more about our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy, please visit

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

Thank you for your understanding and for choosing eBay!

Sincerely,

Maria Milina A.            

eBay Customer Support

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: ebay item not received scam

@ozpartssale wrote:

i decided to put my case together and email it to the entire board of directors and executives at eBay. 

Will they respond, dont know. 

But i think this comes down to a simple fact here, eBay is not taking any consideration of delays due to the virus when making decisions on how long a delivery should take and issuing refunds. 

I can answer that. No, no they won't. Reason being, they don't give a toss. We are small fry in their big ocean. Getting your email would be nothing more than a slight inconvenience.

I have a parcel en route to the US. I only opened up international shipping in the last half of last year. I was in the process of removing it with the virus stuff, but someone managed to buy before I shut it down. I did send him a message saying it could take 4-6 weeks, so not to panic if it doesn't arrive by the due date. Last scan was Sydney 2 weeks ago. I will expect an INR at some point. Thankfully it was only a $10 item with $24 postage. 

Edited to add: Interestingly, I posted a parcel to China, right smack in the middle of everything virus and it arrived in 3 weeks!

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

i recieved a reply from one eBay exec

eBay has agreed to pay for the return shipping and insurance once i provide a reciept. 

They also beleive even with the virus and known delays the right thing to do was refund the buyer, i of course totally disagree because standard postage times cannot possibly still apply given the circumstances. It requires almost no effort to find out this information and the expected delay times. 

So now it comes down to the honesty of the buyer, i will allow the process to take its course. once the item is on its way back to me i will release the funds to paypal. 

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

I too have had several INR 's lodged against me and have lost  several  hundred dollars .WHAT A JOKE EBAY ! , seem to recall receiving a notification stating that due to covid that eBay would waive  the negative rateings  to seller accounts  due to delivery time blow outs .

I dont have much hope of getting payment from the buyer after its delivered  .I sent several messages to the buyer explaining the reason for the shipping delay  ,but the dumb**bleep** opened a INR case and i lost out

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

If eBay are so kind to remove low ratings for post deliveries, then they need to change their delivery estimates to coincide with the delays of Covid-19.  That would be the smart thing to do, but then again this is eBay 🤪

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply