ebay managed payment and password bank details

Ebay have demanded that we all sign up to ebays's managed payments scheme. 

In the proccess the ebay system asks us to reveal out bank numbers AND PASSWORD. any bank in Australia advises NOT to give out this information to anyone. hence as of 1st march i will be affected by ebay closures of my listings due to their ILLEGAL demands.

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

All I had to give was account number, copy of statement & driver's license (or like)....NO MENTION OF PASSWORD
Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ebay doesn't ask for passwords

You sure it's ebay asking?

Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

Easy. Give eBay access. Once your bank details have been verified (a couple of minutes), change your password/access code. Simples.

Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Ebay doesn't ask for passwords

You sure it's ebay asking?

Yes they do.

Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

joz15au
Community Member
They didn't when I signed up back in July but apparently are with this latest round. Maybe due to initial hassles with people providing incorrect bank details? I recall a lot of people back then complaining that their money wasn't going through but mine always did, have had no problems with MP whatsoever.
Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

online on ebay they ask for bank account and password when you sign up for mandatory Managed Payments Scheme
Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

They get access to all your bank accounts ...banks in Australia clearly state ..."do not share your password and account numbers with anyone " 

Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

Maybe your not in a Demand list for successful professional ebay sellers who MUSt sign up to managed Payments scheme or be closed down by 1st march. 

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

joz15au
Community Member
Yes they do now, but initially when MP first started they only asked for bank details, not the password. I have never given my password to anyone and have been on MP since July last year when it first rolled out.
Message 10 of 53
Latest reply