ebay postage label

Hi i have just printed my first ebay postage lable. I typed in 1.86kg but the label says declared weight 5.3kg.

My concern is when my customer reads this he may fell i have over charged him can some one help 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

ebay postage label

I understand your concern, but there is nothing that can be done. It quotes the largest weight you could send for the price.  I am quite confused about the 5.3 Kgs.  It seems like an odd amount, they usually quote by the KG or part thereof, I have never seen this before. My parcels if over 1Kg have 2KGS or 3KGS on the label (can't remember which, but it is an even number) Although I am only sending in boxes, you do not say if it is a packet or box, or maybe an odd shaped item, this could be the difference. Your Post Office may be able to tell you more.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

ebay postage label

HI thanks item is parcel 73x24x12 cm will check with post office today before posting

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

ebay postage label

You can go to the Australia Post website and check the price . You need your postcode, the postcode it is going to, the size of the parcel, and the weight of the parcel.  I find it is always accurate. The advantage of printing your own label is that you get a discount on all but the basic $7.95 one which is for parcels under 500 grams.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

ebay postage label

They may have cubed it as it's a "larger" parcel,(so yes,it's best to check before sending),Who knows.gif

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

ebay postage label

You are right Tazz, they cube all parcels over 1 kg in weight. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply