ending listings and relisting versus auto relisting

I have found ending my items close to them finish, then relisting they will go as a new listing. I myself and me (sorry could not resist that)  think that is better than just letting them automatically relist, as then they may be running for maybe 60 days and be an old listing. Bit of a pain trying to watch when they end tho to catch them before they relist. It is still going to take one of my 40 listings anyway, so may as well be a new listing. What are others thoughts please?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm with you. Ending and relisting is a new listing, rather than just rolling over. If they are a single item, who cares about watchers? I don't want watchers, I want buyers. Of course, if it's an item where you have lots of the same item, it's good to have a sales history for buyers to see, but as one off items, new listings are better than roll overs in my opinion.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The benefit of letting a GTC listing roll on is watchers remain when they auto relist every month.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@justcruising48 wrote:

I have found ending my items close to them finish, then relisting they will go as a new listing. I myself and me (sorry could not resist that)  think that is better than just letting them automatically relist, as then they may be running for maybe 60 days and be an old listing. Bit of a pain trying to watch when they end tho to catch them before they relist. It is still going to take one of my 40 listings anyway, so may as well be a new listing. What are others thoughts please?

If you use the Seller hub, and re-order your listings to show time left by clicking on the heading for that column (may have to do it twice to get either ascending or descending order) then  catching them before they end isn't an issue. 

I personally prefer to use Sell Similar when relisting, as even though I lose the watchers, I figure if they haven't bought the item in the previous 30 days they are never going to. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I'm with you. Ending and relisting is a new listing, rather than just rolling over. If they are a single item, who cares about watchers? I don't want watchers, I want buyers. Of course, if it's an item where you have lots of the same item, it's good to have a sales history for buyers to see, but as one off items, new listings are better than roll overs in my opinion.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If you end them really close to the last minute (or last day) you lose any benefits of them showing when people search by ending soonest.  In fact, if you end them early, anyone who searches by ending soonest will never see them.  If you can't end them in the last five minutes you might be better to end them a few days early.

Having lots of watchers seems to give listings a boost in visibility so you may be better to leave them run on GTC.  Bids also give them a visibility boost.  I ran some auctions on another ID and one got a bid after about day 2.  After that the number of views soared compared to the listings without bids, but it wasn't any more special than them (it'd been running for a long time before that as BIN, for a much lower price).

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply