free shipping on large item

How come an Australian seller can offer free shipping for large items that need a big box? for example, a plastic stool which is big and they sell it for $ 8? how do they make a profit and cover the postage fee together? 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you look at their feedback, I wouldn't mind betting that they are actually registered in China and that is how they do it, with subsidised postage by the Chinese government.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If you look at their feedback, I wouldn't mind betting that they are actually registered in China and that is how they do it, with subsidised postage by the Chinese government.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

So the seller is actually registered in Australia on their feedback page? (rather than being registered in China and saying the item is in Australia?

If it is not a pick up only item (which often show as free postage) 

And you are not using the app (which often shows as things being 'free postage when they are not)

It could be 

a) A new seller not sure of how selling works

b)the seller made a mistake by not including the postage

There are a number of reasons 

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Oh my God. I checked and guess what? you win .they registered in china !!!! but still 3 questions?

1- the real item location is in Australia or china ? as they mentioned it in Australia!!

2 - if the item location is in china how fast are they as they usually ship in one weak!!!

3- if the location is Australia it means they pay for pastage hear and use china government subsidies?!

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

In answer to your questions :-

1. Real item location MAY be in Australia if they have warehousing here and they have the item in stock there.

2. Shipping from China is usually a month or so unless you happen to strike it lucky and catch their container load close to when it being sent.

3. They can't use Chinese subsidies here and will just take the postage on the chin.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

provide us with an item number
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

for example, look at this please : 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-Squatty-Step-Toilet-Stool-Bathroom-Potty-Squat-Aid-For-Constipation-R...

the shipping time is still too soon!!!

the item is large so at least will charge in au post more than $ 8.50 !!!

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

lots of red dots for items either never arriving or late shipment....

I would guess they're in China
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@azadehaus wrote:

for example, look at this please : 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-Squatty-Step-Toilet-Stool-Bathroom-Potty-Squat-Aid-For-Constipation-R...

the shipping time is still too soon!!!

the item is large so at least will charge in au post more than $ 8.50 !!!

I reckon if you buy this item, any constipation issue will be settled before you receive it.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

lol
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply