freight service?

hi, I need a good cheap freight service to deliver Australia wide. can some one please recommend a company?

all the quotes i am getting are worth more than the item it self

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: freight service?

@dan_and_ally wrote:

lyndal why would do you think that?

as a seller i was thinking if i became to sell bigger items, i was considering using fastway, so i am intersted in why you think that. Sorry to the original poster, i am not meaning to hijack your thread.

As a buyer I do not like any couriers particularly....It is most inconvenient  when they leave a card instead of knocking on the door and I have to arrange another delivery time.  I will not buy from a seller who states that they use couriers for deliveries.

After several run-ins with the local Fastway courier I believe I can say they are the worst of the lot.

After 25 years in the courier industry I can say that I have heard more complaints about Fastway than any other company...not just the one contractor, but the whole company.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@indianrainbow wrote:

Try Interparcel.com.au or e-go.com.au, I haven't used thempersonally yet, but have received many items from both and happy with their delivery. Yesterday I checked out their rates so I could ship something and they definetly arecheaper than Aust. Post.

I would have more faith in Interparcel then e-go.   I have had no dealings with e-go but have heard plenty of complaints from members on the boards as well as from friends.  Knowing their parent company I tend to believe them.

Interparcel is a courier broker similar to temando so you should have a good range of services to choose from.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I just gave up on Fastway, My first 10 transactions around Adelaide had six failures. Others I have spoken with have had similar problems.

A broker may be effective but the larger companies may be cheaper overall.

With small parcels I have had a number of successes with Startrack and Toll overall work well.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

For the most part courier brokers have accounts with the large companies who will not deal with small ebay sellers or private individuals unless they have enough freight to warrant having an account.

In many cases the brokers get better rates than a small seller would be able to negotiate because they are sending huge volumes.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply