freight service?

hi, I need a good cheap freight service to deliver Australia wide. can some one please recommend a company?

all the quotes i am getting are worth more than the item it self

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

freight service?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Are you selling items that can not be sent by Australia Post?   For the most part if the items are within the AP guidelines it is the cheapest service that will deliver Australia wide and that buyers like. 

A lot of buyers will not buy from sellers who do not use Australia Post as they have trouble collecting from courier depots if the goods are delivered when there is no-one home.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

freight service?

No my new items are 34-74kg and about a meter long, so I need a freight it would be good if auspost did freight of this sort.
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

freight service?

Try Temando. they are a freight broker and give preferential deals to eBay members.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

freight service?

@ausstechandhunting wrote:
No my new items are 34-74kg and about a meter long, so I need a freight it would be good if auspost did freight of this sort.

Yes, you definitely do need a freight service.  As davewil says....try Temando.  You will have the choice of a lot of courier services who will not deal with you as an individual.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

freight service?

As someone else suggested, try Temando

They are heaps cheaper than Aust Post for their 3kg and 5kg bags.  They are a broker and you can book in the pickup with places such as TNT, Couriers Please, Startrack Express etc etc etc

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

freight service?

I have never used Temando. But i know of Fastway Couriers, i have had parcels from sellers come from them and the service was good and quick from my point of view well the buyer that is.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

freight service?

I would not recommend Fastways Couriers both as a buyer and 25 years experience in the industry.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

freight service?

lyndal why would do you think that?

as a seller i was thinking if i became to sell bigger items, i was considering using fastway, so i am intersted in why you think that. Sorry to the original poster, i am not meaning to hijack your thread.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

freight service?

Try Interparcel.com.au or e-go.com.au, I haven't used thempersonally yet, but have received many items from both and happy with their delivery. Yesterday I checked out their rates so I could ship something and they definetly arecheaper than Aust. Post.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply