giving out my details to a buyer

jcw004
Community Member

Hi

I occasionally sell items that are pick up only and due to my address being a little tricky, I need to give the buyer my phone number in case they get lost but this now breaches the member to member contact rules. What should I do, I don't want a cranky buyer that's driven all the way to pick something up and can't find me.

Thank.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are allowed to give contact details once a buyer has made a purchase in eBay.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You are meant to be able to give phone details once the sale has gone through but there have been cases of suspensions (sometimes reversed).  When you go to view the sales record often the buyers phone number is there so you can call them or you can always use the request contact details option. I|t may also be as simple as looking them up in the phone book.

Other than that you just have to give them the address with very exact instructions by email and hope they can find it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Can you tell me where the "request contact details" options is please. I've had a look around and can't find it. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Here you go jcw.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply