google analytics tracking pixel on Sale Complete page?

vapetto
Community Member

Hi,

On our magento site we have a pixel supplied by google analytics to track orders.

Is it possible to put this pixel on the last page of an ebay transaction?

Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A what?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

A what?

The OP is based in the UK Tippy, maybe it's a Pommie thing.

"attempts to take mind away from pixillated images..........................."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Padi are you implying that I am pixillated?  I haven't had a drop since last Friday

drunk.png

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

A pixel in this context is a special little bit of software code you embed into usually the final page a buyer visits after an order has been finalized that sends the info to your Google analytics account so that sales conversions can be tracked.
I don't believe that eBay permit this level of tinkering with their site. If misused it could pose security risks.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

And here I was thinking a pixel was part of a picture. 1 byte. And only in that context.

Maybe they should name it something else, especially if it contains more than a byte of information. Or has nothing to do with pictures.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Padi are you implying that I am pixillated?  I haven't had a drop since last Friday

drunk.png

Shirtenly not PJ, I wouldn't dare...........................

Spoiler
Must have been a big drop to last this long.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

And here I was thinking a pixel was part of a picture. 1 byte. And only in that context.

Maybe they should name it something else, especially if it contains more than a byte of information. Or has nothing to do with pictures.

The code involves a pixel:

"....When all this information is collected, it is sent to the Analytics servers in the form of a long list of parameters attached to a single-pixel GIF image request."

To the OP, unlike many other online platforms, eBay doesn't offer any individual integration with Google Analytics at all, they used to offer some tracking features via a third party, but now just have their own via Seller Hub, which will give you some sale stats, but not any of the user info. 

The only things you can currently customise on eBay is storefront (eBay won't support this option long-term), and listings, but the customisation is pretty much aesthetic and eBay are banning the use of things like JavaScript (which this code uses). 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply