Store Vs Standard listings

Hi All, juts wondering if there is any real advantage these days having a store Vs standard listings? Thanks in advance, Dave

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not unless you list more than 100-200 items and have regular sales.

Otherwise you are better to just make use of the 40 free per month with the 3 free relists giving you 160 per month.

Or if all your listings are BIN, non store accounts now have 30 day or GTC.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks Kopenhagen, I always thought that the re-lists came off the 40 free listings..Thanks for the tip.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

No, they're free relists. If you're going to run 30 day buy it now, I'd leave them at 30 days with the 3 free relists. If you use GTC, you use a free listing each month when they relist. If you run 30 days with 3 relists, you only need to relist them 4 months later, therefore, as already mentioned, you can eventually have around 160 items listed (list 40 the first month with free relists. Next month list another 40. The next month another 40, the next another 4. The next month will see the original 40 ending and needing to be relisted. The next month after that will see the 2nd week of items needing to be relisted. Works a treat!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks Tippy-toes, apprecaite the information.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Non store accounts can use their regular freebies for auctions, which still work very well for some categories. Stores are charged a minimum of $3.00 to run an auction in most categories.

I haven't got any definitive proof, but I suspect non store accounts can often receive higher visibility in listings than store accounts. This is only backed by anecdotal evidence from experiments I have run on my store, V non store accounts and the sales patterns of the two different entities. I am sure there are other things which also factor into this including sell through rate, Auction V BIN, length of listings etc.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply