had a customer who pick up item , and then liared about condition when got home

He wanted refund -the chest of drawers was in excellent condtion when left my property he picked and checked out,but had car accident on way  home( reason  I know my neighbour works there and he saw them in my drive way and we talked), any now  this guy has now trashed my 100% as ebay believes the buyer over the seller I have photos of chest before and he sent me after (trashed) chest and laired about termites its cedar and was perfect condition

I want this fixed!!!!EBAY

I had 100% trading for 8 years

unhappy ebayer!!

will goto Gumtree to trade

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I'm pretty sure if you ring eBay and tell them it was a pick up item they will remove the feedback.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

rkwm888
Community Member

ebay should remove the feedback as its a pick up item

you have also done the wrong thing by naming and shaming the buyer and you could get into trouble too

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

by the way......

eBay own Gumtree, so they dont mind if you go over there and advertise them here....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

@rkwm888 wrote:

ebay should remove the feedback as its a pick up item

you have also done the wrong thing by naming and shaming the buyer and you could get into trouble too

How do you figure that? I can see no reference anywhere to the buyer's ID and the OP hasn't been edited by the mods, either. The only thing the OP did that was wrong was to leave positive feedback with a negative comment.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

The photos are a bit dark.  If ebay were to look at the photos they might come back saying as much, and that it's difficult to tell the condition before sale.  To protect yourself in future a few more, well lit, photos, of every angle and dimension would assist in attracting punters by showing off your item as well as providing a record of its condition prior to sale.  Anyway, as has been mentioned, if they inspected it at picked it up they had to be happy otherwise they woud have walked away from the deal.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

if you check up on the sellers feedback they name & shame the buyer there, that should be against the rules
Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

They haven't really named and shamed they have just expressed that they think the buyer is a liar in the feedback. I have picked up items before that I have noticed problems once I get home. But have never left neg feedback because it really was my bad. The beauty of pick up is if it's not as described you don't pay for it. Simple. So for me I think it's a bit suss to say something has lots of problems when u get it home.
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

It is against the rules to leave a false positive but apart from the OP having done that, there is no identifying information about the buyer other than their masked ID (a***n) and you certainly can't identify him from that.
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

this is on the sellers feedback page

I use to be 100% but due a liar buyer (xxxxxxx)I've been put at 94.7% as ebay's policies is to believe the purchaser , he had a car accident on way home from picking cedar chest so he wanted a refund the chest was in mint condition when left

(i have left out the buyers name)

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply