has anyone been demoted yet

Well , thats how I read it any way...and its all due to 1 person ...I think....

FROM EBAY  Dear L, Unfortunately, your account no longer meets the eBay Top Rated Seller requirements under the global seller performance standards program. To learn more, go to your Seller Dashboard. Visit your Seller Dashboard and review the Top Rated Seller and PowerSeller requirements and see how your eBay business measures up. Thank you again for selling on eBay. We hope to welcome you back to Top Rated Seller status soon.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Oh bugga! No, I'm still up there. My defect rate has dropped from 0.42% down to 0.36% though.

Sorry you got demoted. I'm sure there will be plenty of others too, thanks to eBay's defective defect system. As a buyer, I never look whether someone is a TRS anyway. If they are, they are, if they're not, I don't care.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The only buyers who worry about TRS sellers are newbies who believe ebay's blurb about the only way to buy safely is to use paypal and buy from TRSs.

As a buyer with plenty of experience I think I can safely say that I never even look at the seller's status and I have had just as many problems with TRSellers as with sellers who do not have the status.  There are plenty of fantastic sellers out there that ebay don't deem to be Top Rated, but I find that they are every bit as good as any TRS.

I have a feeling that the number of TRSellers is going to fall very quickly when the Defect system starts to bite.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Unfortunately yes and it wasn't because of an old neutral or negative, both of which I got for standing my ground against one that made a threat and one who tried to blackmail after purchasing one item then threatening to cancel that sale unless I did a deal on a another item. In both cases Ebay was less than useless. No, what caused my mark down was a postage time issue which I wasn't even aware of. I have always made a point of posting within 24 hours of a sale unless the payment fell late on Friday or over a weekend in which case, I post Monday. So I really don't get this.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Lol, I wrote the above message on my own site but it has appeared under my husband's site id which is still fine. Just double checked where I was and yes it has crossed over...weird!

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Yep, not this account as this is our business one but my personal which i have not used in over 12 months got the same email today, it has no negative or neutral feedback so what is up with that  😞

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Ok, this is not the first time eBay has twisted up our sites. I'm not sure how to correct it.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Yes, 'demoted' to Above Standard which I was expecting, having read the information about the change in the lead-up to it.

And yes a high proportion of the 'defects' that will result in demotion, are undeserved - that's how 'defective' the new defect system is !!!

But judging by a comment made by an ebay phone agent recently (she let it slip out but I'm sure if her superiors knew that she had said it to a seller she would have been reprimanded) the real agenda, is keep the buyers happy AT ANY COST (to sellers obviously, not ebay.)

Her comment was: Our primary focus is retaining our buyers.

This was in response to me asking why they awarded defects for a PayPal case opened for item not received, before a decision on the case had been reached in either the seller's or buyer's favour.

So the clear message I was getting was we demand sometimes impossibly high standards from sellers but we are desparate to hang on to ANY SORT OF RUBBISH BUYER.

So all this hogwash about valuing and caring about the seller and their trading experience is so much 'ebayspeak', as I call it !!

It is the mark of a truly stupid person or in this case organisation to think that we can't see through to the real subtext behind their pretty pretty words to us sellers.

Of course what they are really saying is: We actually don't care about our sellers, because we don't have to.

The day ebay gets some real competition in the marketplace, will be the day they start to treat their sellers with some decency !!!

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Just for the record my site is "genrel" which might make sense of the above statement. We have always done the right thing even when it has hurt us. I can't do things anyother way and the only reason we opened the second site was because we had to clear my mother-in-laws estate which has been a huge job and we are still going 20 months after her passing.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

TRS is a joke IMHO.

I am apparently a TRS (on this account) so far this month I have had 24 sales so my defects is 0. I think it is a case of he who sells nothing does nothing wrong!

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply