has anyone tried to do the facebook thing, asked to download flash player, and then....?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

has anyone tried to do the facebook thing, asked to download flash player, and then....?

No.....

And then what?

My Flash Player is current, so any time I have put links on Facebook they have worked.

Cryptic questions are usually best suited to crosswords.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Not cryptic.  Either you have had the  strange experience of clicking on the graphic inviting a listing on facebook, and then asked to download flash player, and then....!  I don't know what happened.  I went through the process, downloaded flash player, and installed it, and then,  ....... nothing?  Even the download flash installation file disappeared.   I don't know about Facebook links.  This was a graphic on the Ebay Selling page inviting the easy use of Facebook for listings.  The process to get a listing on Facebook stalled where it asks for a download of Flash player...... it was all too mysterious for me.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Not sure why it would prompt a Flash Player download / install, unless the redirect is a plug-in powered by Flash, I guess - I've clicked on the link and it just redirected me to a Facebook page that previews what the post will look like once confirmed. Have you tried a link since installing? 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

That's another strange thing. After that episode i have never again seen the graphic/advert link for the add to go on Facebook.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

The only thing I can suggest is checking your browser add-on settings; it may be that it's disabled by default and you have to manually activate the plug-in (I know there are some flash compatibility problems with Firefox, and there was a security issue with it a while back that caused FF to automatically disable it unless given permission not to).

If you are using Firefox, I'd also suggest considering using Chrome - I have far fewer browser-based issues on eBay with Chrome than I do Firefox.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

ps. Have you ever downloaded a software instal file onto your computer, gone through all the normal instal process, with the result   the file completely disappears with no trace, and no instal !?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@artistnext wrote:

ps. Have you ever downloaded a software instal file onto your computer, gone through all the normal instal process, with the result   the file completely disappears with no trace, and no instal !?

Not as yet...but it didn't install correctly once, and I had to uninstall, delete the file then download and reinstall to try and get it to work properly (pretty sure I had to do that twice, and it was a while ago, compatibility issues with a new version and Vista I think). If you can't find the file by searching the downloads folder on your computer, try bringing up your download history on the browser and if you can see the Flash download, click 'show in folder', as it should open it up in the location it's stored.

To be honest, Flash annoys the bejeesus outta me, LOL. If it works, then it's ok, but it has a habit of crashing (slowing down, stalling or causing my broswer to be completely unresponsive...especially in Firefox), and it seems like it needs to update every other day. >_>

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

No, its nowhere in the download history.  When things weren't working, i  immediately went looking for the downloaded file, but it is nowhere to be seen.  Like I say, the whole download and instal had disappeared.

But back to this Facebook thing.  The other person assures me they go to some facebook link.  I've just browsed and searched my Ebay and I can find no reference or any indication of anything do to with Facebook anywhere.  Where is a link or reference to this feature exactly?  I can not find anything, but of course I might not be looking in the right place.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

you can link your ebay listings to facebook via facebook links - just google linking ebay listings to facebook, i recall there are even youtube videos on how to do it. You need to initiate linking via facebook.

If you have a smart phone you can post links to individual listings to your facebook page via the ebay app that has a share option.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply