Becoming a Top Rated Seller and qualifying for eBay Premium Service

if some listings offer the required services and some listings did not from the same seller.
did the listings offer the required services will get the ebay premium service or not at all with the others that did not offer the required services

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, if you are top rated then you can choose just to offer 1x item with Premium service if you like

but the other items that you are selling will not qualify for it.

For me, its hard to offer the premium service as I sell pre-loved items and to offer

30+ day money back returns and free postage is impossible but I can only offer this for a new item with tag.

I found this more detailed information from ebay about Top Rated & Premium service and I attached the link below...

The eBay Top Rated program recognises and rewards sellers for consistently delivering outstanding customer experiences.

There are two parts to the Top Rated Program:

1.       Seller performance requirements - Sellers who deliver great service and meet certain performance requirements can qualify as a Top Rated Seller

2.       Listing level requirements - Listings from Top Rated Sellers that offer certain postage and return services can qualify for a prominent eBay Premium Service badge displayed on listings and in search results.

The eBay Premium Service badge helps highlight listings where a Top Rated Seller is offering a consistent set of services related to postage and returns.

eBay Premium Service needs to offer the following for one item only or all your items.

• Track record of excellent service
  • Free postage
  • 30+ day money back returns
  • Fast handling
  • Express postage option

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/top_rated

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@greatfinditemsforyou wrote:

For me, its hard to offer the premium service as I sell pre-loved items and to offer

30+ day money back returns and free postage is impossible but I can only offer this for a new item with tag.

I offer 30 day money back returns that are conditional on item being not as described - not for change of mind - this is outlined in my refund policy. 

I refuse to select the option returns not accepted on a listing as it is illegal for an Australian business to indicate that they will not accept returns for faulty goods.  Whilst ebay adds a qualifying statement regarding legal obligations at the end of refund policies - I will not display no returns anywhere in my listing as there is no qualifying statement in the listing general view.  Ebay does not offer an alternate option that I can select from - so returns accepted it is. 

In any case, what that means is that for those items where I have free post - my listings are badged with the new eBay Premium Service badge.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I too would never use the blanket no refunds statement, most experienced ebayers will know that it applies only to change of mind but many, especially newbies, do not and seeing that they may just leave a neg as they think they cannot get a refund for a SNAS or DOA item.

A wrongly described item has 45 to 65 day return window provided by Paypal so 30 days is absolutely no problem there and if a new item is returned unworn/unused with tags or labels intact then I also see no reason for refusing a return within 30 days. For second hand items I would only offer return if faulty.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply