have discovered to my significant cost that the 30 day /40listings free is a con. I have found that

have discovered to my significant cost that the 30 day /40listings free is a con. I have found that ebay relists and charges - obviously i did not read the small print and my fees were 60% of my sales.

My question is how can I stop this from happening. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

have discovered to my significant cost that the 30 day /40listings free is a con. I have found that

In seller hub there are automation rules where you can select for listings to end after the first cycle.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

End your listings before they roll over.

They started this last FEBRUARY, btw.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Many thaks

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

For non-business sellers it's only the Good 'til Cancelled listings which automatically eat up the 40 free listings every month. Auctions (including those with Buy it Now added to them) still have the 8 automatic relists giving you 90 days before they end for good (10 days for the initial listing + 8 relists of the same thing).

Only business sellers are charged for auto-relists fees on auction listings (be it one of the 40 listings or $1.65 thereafter).

The 100+ listings I currently have cost me $0.00, I don't list anything if I see $1.65 appear at the bottom of the page. I also make sure that my GTC listings only happen in the first half of the month so I don't get any nasty surprises near the end when I'm short (or out) of free listings.

The only other alternative is (if financially acceptable) to upgrade to a store account (not to be confused with an eBay business account) which will give you 600 listings but it costs $25 every month not including sales/fees etc.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Get into chat with eBay support and explain that it was a mistake and you didn't understand how it worked. I got caught out by the same with 180+ listings and they credited me the fees back.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Except that you frequent the boards enough to have known what was happening and why. But decided to plead ignorance.

I have about 1550 more listings than your one, and manage them so as to not get caught. Although I've had to end 850 over the last month due to lack of freebies.

Admittedly I only spend 50 hours a week on my day job.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

No, that was not the case.

I have been using the same File Exchange file-generating script I made to upload my listings for six months plus and they always ended after a month.  This time they rolled over and I didn't understand why.

I figured I had not been paying attention to some recent change somewhere in their system which now made them roll over.  I need to look into how to get the data in my upload back to doing it automatically.  With their new changes there must be a way to specify for listings to automatically end so we don't have to manually keep watch on the dates every month.  I will need to revisit their File Exchange documentation if they have updated it.

I had also been selling for a bit under another account also before this happened so this may have resulted in the surprising behaviour, but I doubt it.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

In seller hub there are automation rules where you can select for listings to end after the first cycle.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

thank you, but could you please advise where in the seller hub, cannot find it
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Go to your active listings page, then tick the listings you want to apply automation rules to. Once you've ticked them click on the dropdown menu on the Actions tab (the Actions tab is greyed out until you actually tick on a listing), and select Assign Automation Rules.

Unfortunately, I seem to have given you false hope because the only options to select on the automation rules page are to relist once if an item doesn't sell, relist continuously until an item sells, or 'no rule'. I'm not sure what no rule means but it might be worth changing the next listing that's due to roll over to no rule and see what happens. Logically speaking, no rule shouldn't mean it relists continuously or that it only relists once, so perhaps it means that it ends after the first cycle. Logic isn't necessarily ebay's strong point but it's always worth experimenting.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply