crazy bid????

Hi,

I have an inflatable pool for sale on ebay 

Item number:

The bidding went from $302 to $6000 in one bid for a pool that is worth about $500. Something seems odd here???
What can I do about this?? Any sugestions??
adamiriam
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

crazy bid????

I don't think you can do much now, as it only has a little time to run.     Doesn't look good, I agree

Have you tried to cancel the bid?   You don't want to pay fvf on $6000.    And have a look at your buyer blocks.

As a seller, you can cancel bids on eBay in some situations: when you agree to a buyer's request, when the item isn't available anymore, if you made an error in the listing, or if you're concerned the bidder might be fraudulent.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

crazy bid????

I reckon that the (166) bidder intended to bid $600 at about 6pm last night.  Because they then attained the high bid it only showed as $208.50 . . . meaning they may not be aware that they did bid $6,000.

But that bidder’s bid is now of little consequence as some other numpty someone else has bid higher.

It is also possible that the (166) bidder, having realised their mistake and not knowing how to rectify it, has registered a new eBay account and outbid themselves with the intention of ignoring any emails/requests for payment.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

crazy bid????

OR

The (157) bidder had the high bid at $57.00 and then, some 23 hours later, they bid a higher amount. Along comes the (166) bidder who intended to bid $60.00 but put in $60,00 which would place a $6000 bid as the bidding box does not recognise commas.  When their bid went to $208.50 they realised their mistake but didn’t know how to fix it.

They might have been happy to wear a win at $208.50, but when the high bid (theirs) gets to $307 they freak out.  They then hatch the plan to register a new account and outbid themself without intending to pay.

Check that new account and see when it was registered.  My bet is 8th Jan 2020.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

crazy bid????

$6100 appears cheap considering their purchasing "the best swimming pool ever".

After the auction see if you can send a second chance offer to the $302.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

crazy bid????

I don't get it.

If the last bid was $307 and then someone bids $6000 doesn't ebay just jump the bidding to $312?

How does it jump from $307 to $6000?

Pleez exploin

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

crazy bid????

it didn’t jump to $6000 until this morning (according to bid history).  The OP was probably gobsmacked when they used the $6000 figure in their post instead of $6100.

I still think that when the (166) bidder’s $6000 auto bid went to $307 in the early hours of this morning they did panic, and knowing their bid amount was $6000 they set up a new account to outbid themselves with the intention of not paying.

A mess any way you like at it.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

crazy bid????

Not a exploination, Slr.  

Why didn't it go to $312 as the next bid?

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

crazy bid????

Because somebody bid $6100? Who persumably knew that the max bid was already $6000.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

crazy bid????

again:

I still think that when the (166) bidder’s $6000 auto bid went to $307 in the early hours of this morning they did panic, and knowing their bid amount was $6000 they set up a new account to outbid themselves with the intention of not paying.

This would have the effect of never showing $6000 as the high bid as it went straight to $6100.  The OP used the figure of $6000 in their post as it still conveyed their dismay at the current high bid.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply