help/advice please on sale of Itunes cards

Hi, my sons recieved some ITunes cards for Xmas & I recently sold them and they have been paid for. The Seller has asked me to email the barodes/codes etc, which I am happy to do....but what if he/she says never received? I have no proof of postage but I would have proof via email trail via Ebay???. Would this be okay? Unsure as has never sold anything like this before - Thank you

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can email the buyer the relevant info, but it won't count as proof of postage or delivery in any way, so the cards would still need to be physically posted to the buyer via a trackable service that can show the correct delivery address if you wanted to avoid the possibility of INR. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I don't think I would email the details of the card prior to sending. They can use the card then proceed straight to item not received so you would lose the value of the card and lose the item not received dispute.

I would send the cards registered post. The buyer then has to sign for them.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

ITunes cards are considered gift cards and are not covered under PayPal or eBay Money Back Guarantee policies so it is safe to email the codes.

i was worried when I sold a Target gift for $100 value and buyer asked to email the code. I did some checking and they cannot open a dispute so was happy to then email the code.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

There might be credit card chargeback, I don't know if that covers gift cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply