hi I have advertised motorbikes for auction but I want to get a good pricew what if the highest bidd

hi can some one please explain the bidding for auction what if my bike sells for less than what i want for it?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

hi I have advertised motorbikes for auction but I want to get a good pricew what if the highest bidd

being an auction with no reserve what ever the auction ends at is what it sells for.

if you want a set price then maybe you should end auction and list it as buy now price.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Normally in the motors category you can add a reserve price to an active listing, but as you have bids already it can't be done now.

The only way I can see how to do it is to cancel the bids and end the auction and restart with a reserve or at a BIN price, but you will lose those bidders.

Joono
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Are you selling two bikes in the one auction?

I ask, because that's how it may read to some?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I also believe its against the rules to offer choices in a listing. A bidder could argue that the listing looks like all 3 bikes are for sale for the bid price, ebay could also argue that you could take under the table offers for the others and circumvent fees.

A listing must concisely offer an item or items that the winner will buy if the auction concludes. So picturing 3 bikes but saying 2 of them are for sale and one you are keeping is no good. You need to pick the one you want to keep and which you are selling, list them as individual listings with the asking price you would accept.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

As Clean Cupboards has said. To end your auction early, click on customer support icon in toolbar at the top right of page. Type in "cancel auction" and follow the prompts. You will need to do this soon as I think the option to cancel is removed (  within 12 hours of auction finishing, from memory ). As you only have a day and a half left,  you dont have long to go through with the cancelation and avoid a heap of problems.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply