how come my item has two bids but they are for the same amount????

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This happens when a buyer places a bid at the starting bid, then rethinks it and goes back and puts a higher maximum bid in in case there are other bidders interested.  They are already the high bidder so they stay the high bidder at the starting bid because they haven't been outbid.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The two bids will be for different amounts, but as they are from the same bidder, the item won't increase in price unless a competing bid is placed by a different bidder. It's likely the bidder decided to place a higher bid a couple of days after their first one in order to increase their chances of still winning the item if another member bids. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Your first bidder has placed another bid in addition to the first one they made.They don't have to wait for someone else to start bidding, however when the next bidder comes in they will have to bid more than your first buyers 2nd bid to be in front, this is when the $ amount will increase on your listing.Your first bidder has placed a 2nd bid becuase they want to increase the maximum amount they are willing to pay (bid).Cheers Kane.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply