how do I apply to get approval for selling Hand Sanitiser on e-bay?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You can't.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/Item-Selling-Restrictions-are-now-in-Place/ba-p/...

If you have bought a stack for the purpose of reselling on here due to the virus, not going to happen. I suggest you unload them for what you can on your local Facebook Buy Swap and Sell sites. If you try to list them here, eBay could shut your account down. Not worth the risk.

Besides, people are starting to relax their habits now, so aren't desperately seeking sanitisers and other hoarded items anymore.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Looks like they wasted money opening a store for just that reason.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

No, I am a supplier.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

There is some mention of needing approval down the page.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/bg-p/eBayAnnouncements 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

My business actually manufactures a quality Australian-made product and is offering it at a fair and reasonable price, but it seems that we get barred, just like the hoarders and cheap imports, that claim they are from Australia, but ship from China. I can't find anywhere to apply for legitimate permission.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Besides, people are starting to relax their habits now, so aren't desperately seeking sanitisers and other hoarded items anymore.

Exactly this. With just about every distillery switching to producing HS for the past couple of months, not to mention chemical companies and anyone who downloaded the WHO recipe, it seems to have become a saturated market.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@stig2727 wrote:

My business actually manufactures a quality Australian-made product and is offering it at a fair and reasonable price, but it seems that we get barred, just like the hoarders and cheap imports, that claim they are from Australia, but ship from China. I can't find anywhere to apply for legitimate permission.

Read my post, including the link. YOU CAN'T GET LEGITIMATE PERMISSION. Was I speaking in Chinese?

A lot of Aussie companies are making a quality product at the moment. They are making this product because their normal manufacturing has ceased. None of them usually make HS as a rule, but they wanted to help out because of the hoarders preventing health workers getting this stuff. That delporable Russell Crowe is one. 

If you normally manufacture and sell this stuff, you're going to have to wait until this pandemic is over because eBay WILL shut you down. By then, no one will want it any more, so you're probably wasting your time.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply