how do I block new members with no feedback?

I have had a few instances just recently with new members testing the waters, and not paying for their item.  All fine, but I have put that restriction on my preferences for all listings? or so I thought? how do I remedy this??

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Are you opening disputes?

Then the non-payers can be blocked by other sellers too.

After four days, you can open an unpaid item dispute. That gives the buyer four more days to pay, then if they do not, you close the case and get a final value fee credit.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Then, the buyer gets a non-payment strike. A couple of those and they can be blocked from bidding by any seller.

That is through My eBay, Account, My account, Site preferences, Buyer requirements to set automatic blocks.

For non-payers and under five feedback that have not undergone phone verification.

Put non-payers on your blocked bidder list so they cannot do it to you again.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin&hc=1&hm=v%7F.rp*g252%6066

The following link has a link to asking for a refund, when you have credit.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/refunds.html

So, if that is where you set it up, it should be working, unless they have been phone verified...

Or linked their account to a verified Paypal account, I believe that is another way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for that, I do open the disputes, but it is a hassle that I shouldn't have to deal with, when I have it in my restrictions in the first place.  Now I can't see where to go to edit my buyer prferences... 🙂

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks again, I have just followed your advice, but it doesn't actually let me block new members, or those with 0 feedback.  Only those with bad feedback or history. 😞

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

You can block those with under five feedback.

That is through My eBay, Account, My account, Site preferences, Buyer requirements.

Show, then edit.

About halfway down the page there is blocking those with less than five feedback (if not phone verified)

You can change that down to zero.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

i think you should be thankful.

Unlike most, you obviously started your eBay experience with a significant amount of feedback.

NO?

There you go.

I have more NPBs from buyers with 2 or 3 digit feedback than the 0s. In fact I can only recall one 0 FB NPB. And quite a few 0s who bought and paid.

If everybody had your attitude no new members would ever be able to buy. Which would mean no new members. Which would mean you would have to look for another site to list on because this one wouldn't be around. But the other sites would likely have new members with 0 FB, which would mean they couldn't buy anything, which would mean that site would go broke, and you would have to find ANOTHER site to list on.....

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:
You can block those with under five feedback.

That is through My eBay, Account, My account, Site preferences, Buyer requirements.

Show, then edit.

About halfway down the page there is blocking those with less than five feedback (if not phone verified)

You can change that down to zero.

yes, but a verified Paypal account or an attached credit card will bypass the block.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Yep

Said that about Paypal, but it is the best one can do. If you choose to as a seller.

But you make a fair point, everyone starts somewhere. Zero.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

This block below will filter out many of these buyers, as many do not bother going through the phone verification process. On my 'Buyer Requirements Activity Log', for every dozen buyers with feedback of 5 or less, only one manages to get through and buy. This one buyer is usually pretty on-the-ball as they have either bothered to go through the phone verification process or have bothered to link a verified PayPal account. They generally pay because they're taking eBay membership seriously and know how to read.

Account > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements > edit

Have a feedback score of 5 or lower and haven't gone through phone verification

This will also block guests (non-members who try to buy). I do feel bad that people want my items, but these guests don't ever get in touch with me regarding their personalisation details for an order. You can see a person called 'Kim' has tried to buy from me in the pic below. Each time, eBay has allocated a new ID (a guest ID). At the end of the day, I'm not too worried. These buyers never contact me, so I don't know if they can...

Guest IDs.JPG

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

To block, you need to see this: tick the boxes including apply above settings to active and future listings.

you can change five right down to zero. Then hit submit once you have selected everything you want to do.

image.jpg

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply