how do I make watchers visible?

How do I make watchers on my items visible?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You will find that it is only items listed as BIN that display the number of watchers.

Auction listings do not show the number of watchers.

On listings where both a BIN and auction is showing, watchers will show until a bid is plaCED, BUT THEN THEY WILL DISAPPEAR (oops sorry bout the caps) as soon as a bid is placed.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

visible to whom?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I have noticed that some listings have the number of watchers indicated and some do not, (even though they obviously have watchers.) I want the  watchers on our items to be visible to everybody that is looking at our listing and also to other watchers....at the moment they are not visible. Ie: We currently have 127 watchers but there is no indication of that to people looking at or watching our item.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

You will find that it is only items listed as BIN that display the number of watchers.

Auction listings do not show the number of watchers.

On listings where both a BIN and auction is showing, watchers will show until a bid is plaCED, BUT THEN THEY WILL DISAPPEAR (oops sorry bout the caps) as soon as a bid is placed.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Not counting the BIN listings where the seller has utilised the option to not have the number of watchers displayed.

I would ask the OP why it matters? I far prefer buyers to watchers and most of my sales are not for items with myriad watchers.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Same. Most of my items that sell don't have watchers. The ones that do seem to keep relisting time and time again. Each time they relist, they get watchers again.

OP, if it's really that important for you to have potential buyers know how many people are watching (why, I don't know as it really doesn't mean a thing), they can look at this site. http://www.watchcount.com/

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

It is possible that the watchers on your relists are waiting for you to reduce the price if it fails to sell.

OP, the number of watchers does not encourage me as a buyer that much, I still have a set price in mind, so do not worry too much if that is why you would like it shown. It would be interesting to know though if overall, high numbers of watchers visible to the potential buyers do encourage better sales /prices. Across eBay or different categories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

It is possible that the watchers on your relists are waiting for you to reduce the price if it fails to sell.

If it relists 6 times (2 lots of 3 free relists), I actually put the price up sometimes! I've found that does work. I've seen other sellers do it too. Sometimes I've wondered if a rewatcher sees that and thinks if they don't buy it now, the price might go up again.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, that's true...a little bit of a push ๐Ÿ™‚

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply