Which Title is better?

Could anyone enlighten me which title would be more effective? What I came up is something like this

Hard Phone case cover for Apple iPhone

OR

Case for iPhone 4 4S 5 5C 5S 6 6S 7 8 X PLUS

Due to the character limit of titles being 80 characters I am unable to fit them all in (note: I would be describing the case with other words so it will use up the 80 character limit).

The first option describes its a case and tells me the brand of it but does not have the models I sell and it looks less spammy.

The second option does not have the brand and does not tell the buyer its a hard case and it lists all the phone models cases I intend to sell but kinda looks spammy.

If the customer wants to buy a "iPhone 7 Plus case cover" I would presume they search "iPhone 7 Plus case cover" so it might make option one look weak and not show up in search results (but I would have the iphone 7 plus case listed in the variation).

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Which Title is better?

Apple iphone hard case/cover 4 4S 5 5C 5S 6 6S 7 8 X PLUS

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Which Title is better?

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Apple iphone hard case/cover 4 4S 5 5C 5S 6 6S 7 8 X PLUS

I won't be able to use it because it will reach the 80 character limit since I have to add other words before it.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Which Title is better?

Check out how others are listing phone cases.  To me the  Brand Name (Apple) could be omitted for extra space, given they are the only producer of iphone.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Which Title is better?

Hard Case/Cover Apple iphone various models.

You need to specify that it is a hard case (as opposed to a soft case) and that it fits more than one model.....there is really no need to list all the models in the title.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Which Title is better?

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Hard Case/Cover Apple iphone various models.

You need to specify that it is a hard case (as opposed to a soft case) and that it fits more than one model.....there is really no need to list all the models in the title.

Wouldn't using "various models" be a waste? I just think no one will use that word in a keyword search so it would not be good for SEo or whatever their algorithm is.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Which Title is better?

If you are creating a variation listing, don't forget that the names of the variations are fully searchable keywords, as long as the variation is in stock.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Which Title is better?

iPhone Hardcase 4 4S 5 5C 5S 6 6S 7 8 X PLUS

You don't need the space between 'hard' and 'case' ebay will show any listings with 'hardcase' or 'hard case' in the title regardless of which way it's put in the search bar. So that's 1 character I guess.

If you gave us an example of the 'other words' it might help.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Which Title is better?

I am searching for a case at the moment as my el cheapo has gone very tatty. The 2 search terms that bring up the most results for me are "Samsung S5 cover" and "Samsung S5 case". A lot of the results are multi variation listings that don't have S5 in the title.

Spoiler
Go on people, laugh at me for having such an "old" phone.....................it was brand new last year!
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Which Title is better?

I wouldn't dare laugh.

I have an S4.

It still works, so I can't see the point in paying a grand for the latest and greatest. Telcos don't give the phone away with a plan anymore.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply