how much does it cost to send an 500gram ebay parcel with a printed label?

I was looking at the ebay postage bags, ie if I buy an ebay bag and the item I'm posting is in Australia and under 500 grams, how much does it cost to print the label and post.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It costs $7.15 to post an ebay 500g satchel. Printing of the label is included in this price.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Yeah I know. I've used plenty of them. But the OP only asked how much it costs to post a eBay 500g satchel. She knows the bags are a separate purchase Woman Frustrated

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Why bother with ebay $7.20 by Australia Post and put it in the package you want up to 500g
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

If I am sending a parcel under 500gm, at the moment I use my own packaging then  purchase the <500gm assessed postage option via eBay's postage label system. Until the end of December, there is a 10% rebate on this option (including express parcels) if you do it this way, so the postage price is charged at $7.20, then you get a 72c credit back within a couple of weeks, so actual post cost is $6.48. (or about $8.50 for express). 

I purchased some small-ish satchels from a seller on eBay, as most of my items are small and not fragile, so for everything (including label printing and bubble wrap), it probably costs me about $7.00 to actually send a <500gm package .

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
It only costs $7.20 if you send it via the Post Office. Not much of a saving with eBay, is it?
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

$6.48 with the advantages:

- the convenience of the ebay label

- you can print it at home at any time of the day and night

- it will automatically put in the correct address for you

- you don't have to go the post office at all if you don't want to - just drop it in the nearest red box.  

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Call me old-fashioned if you like, but I think I prefer the security of having my parcel scanned immediately upon lodgement over the counter, whereas if it's posted in a street box, it won't be scanned until it reaches the distribution centre (and that doesn't always happen, meaning it won't be initially scanned until it reaches the distribution centre nearest to its destination).

In addition, it is not uncommon for teenagers or other lowlifes to sabotage street boxes by pouring coke or other liquids into them, and in some cases, even setting fire to them, as has happened around here on a couple of occasions recently. Some have even been ripped right out of the ground in an attempt to steal their contents and if that happens before it's been scanned, you're stuffed.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

that's terrible!    Nothing like that here thank goodness.    It is just up to the seller, for mine, it means an hour round trip to the PO if I want them scanned, so I tend to go item by item - if it is for low value for instance, it is not worth the petrol.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply