how much to post a record??

I Sersiously confused by aus post website 

a Music record is very light  less 125gms  33x33  land couple mms thick and aus post says $7.20..   **bleep**  for such a tiny weight

anyone ever posted a record and really know true cost  so i can list more to reflect a real cost??

D'oh
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I put all LP's in a pizza box or similar, still maintains under 500g, and go as a small parcel.  There is no cheaper option, espeically considering packaging is required to prevent damage.  But if you have a few records, offer combined shipping as an incentive, works wonders with records for meSmiley Very Happy 

@garfieldau wrote:

a Music record is very light  less 125gms  33x33  land couple mms thick and aus post says $7.20..   **bleep**  for such a tiny weight

anyone ever posted a record and really know true cost  so i can list more to reflect a real cost??

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I dont sell records or know much about them, but think it may have something to do with the size ( LP ) as to the weight. Size of the Envelope etc. Let's see what the Record Sellers say. 🙂

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I put all LP's in a pizza box or similar, still maintains under 500g, and go as a small parcel.  There is no cheaper option, espeically considering packaging is required to prevent damage.  But if you have a few records, offer combined shipping as an incentive, works wonders with records for meSmiley Very Happy 

@garfieldau wrote:

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

I post parcels and letters of all sizes and weights regularly.

Its not just weight - its size as well.

Your record is parcel size, therefore, $7.20, plus packaging, plus ebay postage fees (so postage cost needs to be about $8.50-$9 to cover yourself, unless you want the additional amounts taken from the profit on your item).

To be a large letter size, it would need to be smaller (26cm x 36cm from memory).

Also, Id put some cardboard in there so it doesnt get smashed.... sending a record in a padded bag on its own wont be enough to save it.

The good news about that is that at $7.20 (which is parcel post) it is also tracked, which will help protect you.  Cheaper items e.g. "large letter", are not tracked,, and your item is too big for this anyway.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@garfieldau wrote:

Not a tiny size though. Records need to be posted in something like a pizza box to protect it from damage while in transit .

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply