how to check the calculated postage on my new listings

crystalmagpie67
Community Member

Hi I just listed 2 items, I set up the listings in turbo lister and added the details for the parcel weight and size, I then went to the Aus post site and worked out postage costs for each state, went to the listings to try to check the postage is working out correct which I was sure I was able to do last time I listed larger items but when I try to put in other postcodes on the postage page it says to contact the buyer.

I had a friend try to put postcodes in for other states and they too got the same message.

I would like to check the postage amounts that are being calculated so I can see if they are close to what I worked out on the Aus post site is there anyway I can check.

I don't want the listing to end and find out it has come up with a really small postage cost.

thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: how to check the calculated postage on my new listings

Just tried here in Melbourne, says postage cannot be calculated for my area. Something is not set up correctly. I'd revise and start from scratch in postage, make sure you check mark all that's needed.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

crystalmagpie67
Community Member

Thank you will go through and check.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

for your tile cutters you have NOT used eBay's postage calculator

all you need to do when listing is choose

Calculated

choose the method, i.e. Registered Parcel Post

add the dimensions and weight and the calculator does the rest automatically when a bidder views your page

it will show the postage to their address.....automatically.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

mens_choice_ladies_lingerie
Community Member

Just go to the post office with the item and ask them if your really not that sure

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Just go to the post office with the item and ask them if your really not that sure

That is not going to help to show correct postage to all parts of Australia in the listing.  The only way as suggested above and choose the right options in the postage calculator.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Community Member

you say that with such pleasnt attitude undermining my every post i see, you do know the post office has a booklette with all that info in it don't you?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Community Member

I am done with this forum thing you try help and you get attitude of forum junkies. cya's

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The point which you fail to grasp, mens... is that the idea of the postage calculator is to allow buyers to see the postage to their address.

The AP booklet won't show that (unless every buyer has one) and taking the item to the PO is only useful after the sale. Which still doesn't allow the buyer to see postage cost before purchase.

Which is what the postage calculator is for.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

sparkes9669
Community Member

I am done with this forum thing you try help and you get attitude of forum junkies. cya's

Yay:^O

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply