inacurate feedback

I am presently awaiting payment for several items from one buyer who has 100% positive feedback showing ... No reply to 3 polite messages that I have sent.  When I checked there are several very unhappy sellers leaving feedback over the last 6 months that indicate habitual non paying non communication ... yet there is a green positive symbol. I can not believe that so many people would have mistakenly clicked the wrong symbol then left very negitive comments. How does this happen ....  Can someone change or have this changed to reflect 100% positive even though their feedback is clearly not positive??? Cheers Jenny

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: inacurate feedback

It is rather ironic that eBay implores us to give honest feedback and then denies the seller the right of doing that.  One person I have just had problems with has a 100% feedback rating.  When you read the feedback, in four of the cases the sellers have been let down and have had to give vent to their frustrations by giving poor feedback in words under the guise of positive.  If four have gone to that extent, goodness knows how many other sellers this 100% eBayer was welched on.  Why eBay does not regard these deliquent payers as not meeting their standards, I just don't know.  This is one of two major gripes I have with eBay and my coomments to them have just been disregarded.

My own 100% feedback means nowhere near as much to me as it once did because of Ebay's policy.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

If sellers would refrain from giving a positive green dot to bad buyers, some of those buyers wouldn't build up what looks like an impressive 100% rating. Their number would stay low.

Frustrating as it might be, it doesn't make a lot of sense to give any feedback at all to bad buyers or non payers. Just put in an unpaid item dispute, that will eventually hit the buyer harder when they find themselves blocked off from some purchases.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

We only leave feedback for buyers once we pack & send their item.

This way if they don't pay  they get no feedback from us at all.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply