interesting reading...

For all sellers out there that have got an item not arived, it may well be due to phone users buying off ebay with the app, for a while now I've been getting items sent to me but my full address wasn't written or printed ( ie part address wasn't sent to seller) I didn't think much of it because I got my items. It seems for me that when I buy the seller gets my address from ebay rather than paypal, and yes I did leave my street name out of ebay because I was under the impression that paypal had my full address and it would go from there. I've fixed the address thing with ebay and it all good.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

interesting reading...

@bakeandfry wrote:
Ok, that makes sence. I do have a question if you can answer would be great, I had an item for bidding, but before that I put my blocks in place, someone won but they have zero feedback, why didn't my blocks work?

Because there is no block to prevent 0 feedback members from bidding.

You can block members who have not been phone verified and choose to either apply it to all members or just those with a feedback below a certain amount, and that block tends to stop a lot of new members as few go through that process unless / until they need to. However, having a PayPal account linked with eBay, or putting a valid credit/debit card on file will override that block, as to eBay it counts as equivalent verification.

The only feedback related block is members who have a score of -1 or less, and 0 is more than -1, so that will only apply to members who have more negatives than positives, which can only happen if the member has sold items. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

interesting reading...

The only address Paypal will ever display is the one showing in ebay checkout when you go to pay so nothing to do with using the phone app. The seller will never see any other address that is registered with Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

interesting reading...

Ok, that makes sence. I do have a question if you can answer would be great, I had an item for bidding, but before that I put my blocks in place, someone won but they have zero feedback, why didn't my blocks work?
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

interesting reading...

@bakeandfry wrote:

Because there is no block to prevent 0 feedback members from bidding.

You can block members who have not been phone verified and choose to either apply it to all members or just those with a feedback below a certain amount, and that block tends to stop a lot of new members as few go through that process unless / until they need to. However, having a PayPal account linked with eBay, or putting a valid credit/debit card on file will override that block, as to eBay it counts as equivalent verification.

The only feedback related block is members who have a score of -1 or less, and 0 is more than -1, so that will only apply to members who have more negatives than positives, which can only happen if the member has sold items. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply