international shipping options updated????

I don't understand why nobody is talking about this.... all of my international shipping options have been changed.

for instance: "Economy shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide" was changed to "International Economy : untracked (11 to 35 business days)"

and "Express International Flat-Rate Postage" was changed to "International Express : tracked-signature (3 to 7 business days)"

I contacted ebay customer service via 'chat' and they were utterly useless as always. a) told me to contact australia post about it... lulz... b) told me they "didn't know, but hope not!" in reply to me asking if the changes were permanent or not.  Facepalm.

I have about 600 listings I need to update if these changes are permanent. However, it would be nice if they changed shipping options to ones that are actually relevant ... I have shipping options that were previously untracked, which are now listed as 'tracked' in the Postage and Payment section... so all my customers are going to be confused... and in the busiest season (pre christmas) of the year....

Frustrated!!! doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Someone please tell me you're experiencing the same thing as me... I've checked other Aus sellers and noticed the same changes so, I'm sure i'm not alone here...

pic attached.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: international shipping options updated????

after being told on email help they had limited access to my account they said ring the toll free no.  so I rang ebay after some people reporting it was fixed on these forums, but not showing that option in my existing listings, or even to revise if I did manually - (not likely with over 300 listings on both accounts!)

ebay said it was a result of updating australia posts last increase (that was like beginning of october)... they said they could send a message to the ebay business unit in sydney to look at this and ask for the previous postage services.  they didn't sound hopeful of an outcome though.  they suggested using a flat rate.... ha ha funny!!

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

sigh:   this option is gone again - now if I revise or do a new listing there are even fewer options and they all say "with signature"

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

I still have all the options  - two without tracking or signature

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

For calculated postage - these are my choices today -

calculated postage.JPG

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

still unsure what to do about this issue.  I have read its come right for some sellers ... and for others reverted back

I sold several items since this issue o/s and the postage is still showing and not offering another option that makes sense as econ air untracked -signature.

ebay weren't much help when I rang them, said they couldn't make any promises it would change!

I read a similar thread on the powersellers board one seller was interpreting it as untracked minus a signature.  good suggestion but wondering what to say if / when a o/s buyer complains about postal method once received

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

Same thing you'd do in any situation where a customer feels inconvenienced or upset at all.... take responsibility, apologise, and offer something to console them - i recommend a small discount on next purchase... helps placcate them, whilst simultaneously driving future sales.Smiley LOL

and ps. the hyphen is a hyphen... not a 'minus' symbol. The seller interpreting it as that is grasping at straws.

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

they did say that remark in jest.  I like your suggestion.  thanks

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply