is this New ??? We ( ebay ) recommend you start this at 99c in Auction Format.

Just saw this. Your Item did not sell. We  ( ebay)  recommend you start this at 99c.  The way things are on ebay at the moment, you would have to Crazy to start your Auctions off at 99c.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes it is. They give great advice, don't they?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Totally agree it would be insane to start an auction at 99c. Just ignore the stupid 'advice' (what would they know about selling anyway?)

But I still see quite a few people starting auctions at 99c. Just don't understand why they don't learn it is a big mistake.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Good to see you back.

I also have some unsold items that get various little suggestions - 

"List this item as Fixed price, 10 days with Best Offer so that more buyers will find your item".

Looks like they appear if an item has been unsold a few times around, and are usually suggestions that differ to the current format.

In other words, try something else type of thing. Just some automated marketing thingy's.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The invisible print will be that if you dont then your unsold item will in itself dissapear into the dungeons of the search results.

Ebay don't like slow sellers.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

No, it's not new. Been around for at least a week.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Is-there-a-way-to-disable-eBay-s-Sell-Tips/m-p/1824660#U1824...

It didn't seem worth bumping the thread at the time, but I guess not everybody check these message boards every couple of days... Robot Indifferent

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply