is this a bit harsh? email to dim buyer

This buyer didn't respond to any emails I sent where I was explaining the problem I was having and this morning sent me another email .. get this...on the tail of one of the ones I sent her telling her that her item will be posted Sat or Mon!!!! I'm wondering if she even read the others. I'm feeling so cross with her right now but I don't want it to leak into email. Know what I mean? but I do want to get across that I kept her in the loop.

is that polite enough?

Hi, if you recall, I sent you emails on the 19th and the 21st telling you about the email address problem. I realize that the problem was entirely on my side but you have to realize that the problem meant I did not receive your payment which was what I was trying to tell you on the 19th and 21st. I also sent you an email on the 22nd apologizing again and to tell you that it had been resolved and your item would be in the mail Sat or Mon (didn't know if I'd have a car Sat morn to get to PO). I got to the PO on Monday and it was posted then. I have kept you informed all along the way of what the problem was and have apologized several times. Depending on Australia Post, you should receive your item shortly. again, with apologies for the delay.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

thanks...never could spell that word! ๐Ÿ˜„

I've spent ages trying to word it without sounding totally impatient.

Well, lets hope she reads it. I swear I don't think she read any of the others.

thanks again.:-D

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I'd amend it a little, and (pretend) to be eating humble pie because no matter what the issue seemed to be at your end not theirs. Did the email problem actually stop you getting the payment or just stop you getting the email advice that the payment was there?

I know it's hard when you want to say more but in the end it can be better for you to say even less.

Dear X,

Thanks for your email. Following the issues I was having with emails I've mentioned to you previosly, I was able to get to the post office to send your parcel on Monday last. Depending on AusPost's speed of delivery you should have your parcel very soon, but please dont hesitate to contact me again if it does not arrive within the expected timeframe.

Kind regards (through gritted teeth)

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I hope you realise that this so called "dim buyer" is actually the person spent their hard earned money buying the item off you so you can now have a profit, and therefore have every expectation to first class service.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

^ And that of course means every seller needs to remain in a perpetual state of submissive gratefulness, no matter what a buyer does. ๐Ÿ˜

If you haven't sent the message already, I'd go with the one suggested by *bad*angel*.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

There is absolutely no way I would send something like that to a buyer.  How do you know they got your messages?

i would assume that they did not and start something like this:

I am so sorry, it looks as you have not received my previous messages.  There were problems with my email and I have only received notification of you payment on ............  I have posted your parcel at the first opportunity = Monday and hopefully it should arrive shortly.

If you make a buyer, who either did not get your email, or missed the message, feeling like a fool, you already get their hackles up.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

to bad angel: the email problem stopped me from getting the money at all. In my emails I tried to explain the problem simply and give a way around it (which worked for 3 buyers).

to bsal: believe me there is no "profit" involved in that particular item. I'm merely clearing my cupboards but I do get your point that they are spending their money and I will end up with some of it. As the problem was worked thru, I kept all the buyers that were affected in the loop constantly. I'm a buyer myself and I know how irritating it is to not know what is happening. Beyond personal phone calls (which I did try with one buyer), I don't see what else I could have done.

to digital*ghost: ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

to super_nova: the email I received this morning was the reply on the last email I sent her. did that make sense?

When I read her email, I felt like..."did she not read any of the others?" Due to other things happening in my life, I find I'm just a tad impatient these days ..just a little bit:):) which was why I came here for some proof-reading.

thanks to all the helpful replies. I'll amend my email and see how it goes.

thanks

Annie

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Good luck with it, hope you get through to her finally. ๐Ÿ™‚

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

well, it was posted Mon morning at a PO in Brisbane and it was going to an Adelaide suburb. I would have thought she should have got it by now. Hopefully it'll be today. With my recent luck, it will turn out to be one of the MIAPs (Missing in Aust Post). :):)

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Well actually digital, without the buyer you are just another one in the fronds of millions trying to sell their wares. Good service will always get repeat custom, whereas bad or even just 'so-so' service will make a buyer shop elsewhere next time and probably not recommend your eBay selling skills or service to their friends and colleges. One dissatisfied customer can have the potential of loosing you two, three, four or more possible future sales. Its the same as buying from a B&M store, you have one bad experience and you dont go back for a possible second helping of bad service and also tell others about your bad experience. Word of mouth is the strongest selling tool or should that be NON SELLING tool.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply