many sellers have more than one a/c but do you need a different email and bank a/c to do this

many sellers have more than one selling account and as my wardrobe is not emptying out fast enough with only 40 listings per month, i am considering a second account if i can manage all that listing (very slow internet makes for snails pace pics upload and an hour spent per listing give or take) but i dont have a second email/ bank acc. can i use the same one for both selling accounts and will ebay get miffed at my attempt to sell on more than one account using only the 40 free listings etc?

i expect i am sounding ignorant with this enquirey but until recently i was happy to doddle along but after a thorough investigation of my  possessions, i realize i havent got enough years left to accomplish the "selling" task, no one does, i dont know where it all came from but its THERE and needs to GO. The money wouldnt hurt either just quietly 🙂

any offers of advice (apart from those telling me where to go- trust me, ive been there) would be appreciated greatly. i am computer challenged beyond all belief and prefer to be told the pitfalls rather than discover them for myself (if there are any) and end up with my hand around a bottle of gin trying to cope with the inevitable ebay listing gremlins.

thank you kjm

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: many sellers have more than one a/c but do you need a different email and bank a/c to do this

Cat LOLCat LOLCat LOL

no worries ~ tax advice PMSL ~ anytime ~ you're fun Cat Very Happy

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: many sellers have more than one a/c but do you need a different email and bank a/c to do this

Young man????   PMSL....thecatspjs is all female.  All four of her little furry feet have high heels on them.

As for the tax advice that she gave you....you may like to take a bit of notice of it.   It may save you from a fight with the tax man down the track.

You are selling multiple sizes of new jeans....how can they all be pre-owned by you?   You have clothing in sizes 8 to 18 at least....all owned and worn by you?   Do you wear your clothing with the labels still on them, because that is how you are selling some of them?

Two identical evening bags, just different colours?

I am quite sure the ATO would deem that to be running a business and will want to take their share of the spoils.   After all your allowable deductions you may not have to pay any tax at all, but you should be declaring your income.

If you are selling on behalf of someone else you should be using a different account and possibly even a different paypal account or the ATO will deem it to be your money.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply