maybe others can ask ebay too to fix this postage details problem -or is it just me?

Just sent this to ebay as it seems to be a problem they have forgotten about ... When is ebay going to update the postage details on their site PLEASE? I put signature on and still ONLY SHOWS AS STANDARD POSTAGE on my listings. Customers need to double click to see the details, but doubt anyone would do that as standard postage shows clearly on my page. Austpost do insure parcels that costs me extra and still ebay has NO WHERE I can put that on my listing. Please let me know why this has not been fixed with the improved ebay site. I should not have to put it in my description each time to hope buyers read it. thanks and please reply.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

maybe others can ask ebay too to fix this postage details problem -or is it just me?

There are already so many problems with the list of posting options this is just one more to add to the list. For example, a couple that affect me are the new 1kg satchel is not listed, and at least one of the options you can choose (can't recall the exact words), you get told that it is not a valid option if you are stupid enough to choose it (so why is it still listed????)

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Not to mention that they haven't managed to update calculated eBay satchel prices since the last increase in October last year

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

There are already so many problems with the list of posting options this is just one more to add to the list. For example, a couple that affect me are the new 1kg satchel is not listed, and at least one of the options you can choose (can't recall the exact words), you get told that it is not a valid option if you are stupid enough to choose it (so why is it still listed????)

I do believe it's the parcel post + tracking option that tells you it no longer exists and to choose something else. I get the warning up, but it still lets you list with that option. I list with that because I am offering parcel post with tracking.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

And not to forget that they have still never added an option for priority stickers for large letter items.
We would like to be able to offer our buyers the option to choose priority post as we've been doing on etsy and our own website since it began.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, they are the ones, they haven't been available for at least five years and eBay doesn't even bother updating that among all of the other useless "fixes" they do to the site.

"Australia Post Regular Parcel + Tracking" dates way back to when parcel tracking was an optional extra.

The priority option isn't there because eBay doesn't want to display options which do not have tracking. "Standard delivery" is the only option for normal mail without tracking and it doesn't even show whether an item is a small letter, a large letter or whether the item will need 1, 2, 3 or 5 stamps or if it's priority or not, eBay really needs a [disambiguation needed] tag to be added here.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

also have never added 1kg express satchels which have been around for 18 months at least. i routinely contact them and tell them about it but they couldn't care less. 

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It's pretty simple for eBay in that they don't want anything on the site were sellers could have cheaper postage

options.

That's why they wont put the 1kg option in place as that would cost less than the 3kg option,(so eBay would

would lose out on the extra FVF's on the postage).

That's also why letter rate isn't put up as an option,(they prefer that sellers send via a 500 gram satchel or

a 3kg satchel if it's a bit bigger).

The more sellers they can keep in the dark and away from cheaper postage the more money they will

make on FVF's on postage.

It's only about money for them,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

sorry - i may have misinterpreted - but i thought the OP was referring to the postage option that they're using not being present in the drop-down menu of postage options to display on their listing? if not, i apologise. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Here is my reply from ebay... ''please know that eBay will launch the New Seller Hub which there will be a lot of changes that the sellers will profit. For the mean time, you can include in your Item Description that you're offering a postage service with signature if you want buyers to be notified.

I apologise that we only have minimal way to resolve your concern. Rest assured that we will take note of this. Your a valuable member here on eBay and your opinion matters''

in otherwords ebay intend doing nothing so a site problem does not matter as it is just my opinion. Oh well, tried anyway

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply