mobile app doesnt off to add postage for additional items

Hi,

I recently listed an item with a quantity of 2 through my phone. When adding the shipping details i added $15 flat rate. A lady in QLD has bought both items and ebay calculated only 1 postage amount for it. I went to online chat and was told that I added $0 in the space for postage for each additional item. I explained that this doesnt appear on the mobile app (where I loaded the item) and was told to contact the buyer to pay additional postage. Has anyone had this issue before ? Do buyers generally pay the extra postage ?

I am not sure why the mobile app doesnt show the box to add this data in. I am feeling bad for both myself and the buyer.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do not under any circumstances try to use the app for selling.

It's barely functional for buying anyway - always use your desktop to do anything sales related.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Just becauseit does not appear on the mobile app means diddly squat to ebay, ebay say the seller is responsible for listing.
Yep you could ask buyer to pay for extra postage but they dont have to.
And also just because you have "no international postage" ticked means .... Can you guess... Yep... Diddly squat.
You have to go into your postage requirements and block where you dont want to post to.
So to review ...if your using a mobile, go to classic site and set your listings properly.
Now to answer your questions..1. not me i dont sell.
2. They might,they might not, would you pay extra postage for ths reply to be sent to you via snail mail?
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Do not under any circumstances try to use the app for selling.

It's barely functional for buying anyway - always use your desktop to do anything sales related.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks - I know I would have been annoyed if I was the buyer. Luckily mine was very understanding and was ok with paying the extra postage after I showed her an estimate of the actual postage.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks - I will definitely only list to sell from the desktop version on my computer from now on. Luckily my buyer was understanding in this case!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

So it's not just me. Such big company surely you would think they would fix this!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

After 4 years since this thread started, clearly nothing is going to change because it's obviously not an issue for ebay. Do as suggested and use the desktop version to list.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply