my 1st neg :(

I know I deserve this, I didn't catch the flaw in the product description until I'd sold some. I described them as wall stickers when in fact they only stick to glass or metal.

I thought about contacting those who had bought them, I probbaly should've.

Lesson learned 😞

"I thought an Android was something from Star Wars"
- Mum
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: my 1st neg :(

calsof
Community Member

We're human, we make mistakes, and so do buyers. But if Ebay isn't going to educate them, we should 😞

I got 3 responses to a mistake of mine. I had darker colours in the photos and the physical item was lighter. I got 2 neutrals to which I replied that they should have contacted me to find a solution.

I got a positive as well that just mentioned the fact that the case was darker than the actual item. I contacted the buyer and sent her a few freebies of her choice that were different colours. She didn't want a refund and still liked the case she had got. She was just commenting that the colour was darker in the photo.

Then I played with the photo more and got it right!

There are a lot of bad sellers out there but there are a lot more good ones. There are also many good sellers who make the occassional mistake.

There are many bad buyers, as well, who are scammers but most of buyers are just ignorant.

Personally, I think that Ebay should have more of a spiel on the Leave Feedback web-page. It seems like nobody knows what the number of stars mean. Quite often I believe that I'm getting 3s for postage time only because I sent it on the day and they got it 3 days after they paid. That's a fair rating for buyers who don't expect anything less!

Also, why don't buyers spend their time constructively sending a short message to the seller instead of just send that negative or neutral? A note above the Feedback letting you know that you have that option and it usually works better would do wonders in most cases!

Who's going to listen to us? Ebay? I think not!

Vent over, getting on with my work 🙂

Calli

Sorry,back on topic-I have no comment
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I assume the product came with instructions?...Send them a feedback revision form..along with a little message...please read instructions!!

Alternatively, If the product is equipped with instructions on how to apply it on any surface? then, i would request ebay to remove this unfair feedback.

Signatures suck.
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Alternatively, If the buyer doesnt respond to feedback revision & If the product is equipped with instructions on how to apply it on any surface? then, i would request ebay to remove this unfair feedback.

Signatures suck.
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Why do sellers assume that the buyer should contact them first to settle a dispute. Isn't that what the dispute resolution process is for?

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Why do sellers assume that the buyer should contact them first to settle a dispute. Isn't that what the dispute resolution process is for?

I use dispute resolution process as a last resort.  Communicating any issues with a seller is just common courtesy to me (do unto others . . .) .  If a seller does not work with me in trying to sort out issues without going to the dispute process then I do a dispute.  I have found that when sellers respond to messages we have worked things out without formal dispute resolution.

The dispute resolution centre should only be used as a last resort. It is the same as if you have a problem with something you purchase from a B&M store - you go back to the store first and if you have no luck you can then go to an authority such as Consumer Affairs for help.

Ebay recommend communicating first with your trading partner if there is a problem. If the problem can't be resolved then a dispute can be opened.

Also when a buyer goes to leave non positive feedback a pop up box appears suggesting the buyer contact the seller before leaving feedback. It even brings up the link to contact the seller to make it easy for buyers.

Ebay consider the key to successful transactions on eBay as direct communication between buyers and sellers.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/communicate.html

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Well after some communication it seems they didn't realise how much a neg affects sellers' accounts, so they have aggreed to revise the FB if I send them a request form. Just waiting now.

I've never had to do this so I wasn't sure what to do, I just went to the feedback forum and found the revision request form, then sent it off, will it have the instructions the buyer needs?

"Shouldn't you be changing your listing descriptions ?"

For this item, yes. I didnt have it in stock so there was obvioulsy no need. More arrived today so the listing will definitely be updated.

"Why do sellers assume that the buyer should contact them first to settle a dispute. Isn't that what the dispute resolution process is for?"

Adults should be able to resolve an issue between themselves without running to eBay shouldn't they?

"I thought an Android was something from Star Wars"
- Mum
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply