negative feedback

I have received negative feedback on an item without being given the chance to respond,What can I do.I have never received negative feedback before.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

negative feedback

Move on. Unless you can prove it was working when the buyer received it.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

negative feedback

It was sold as very good working condition.

So if any of the functions are not working then it is a false claim.

If the buyer contacted you first and you didn't rectify the situation then it's no surprise they left a neg.

Leaving a straight neg without giving you the chance to fix the problem is not good form but some buyers just become peeved and even if you offered to refund may not change the neg anyway.

Good news is if you buy some small items, the neg will go further down the page and eventually end up on page 2.

Buyers rarely look beyond page 1. Then after 12 months it disappears from your ratings and percentage.

I would apologize if you haven't already and explain you were under the impression it was fully working if that is the case.

Then you could leave a follow up along the lines of - Offered apology, watch was fully working last time used.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

negative feedback

Kopes has given you very good advice, suggest you follow it and then put the buyer on your blocked list. I have no sympathy for buyers who do not contact the seller first before leaving negative feedback.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

negative feedback

I think most of the more casual users of ebay assume that there is no point in contacting the seller with a problem on ebay. They expect that if they get a response at all it will be to go jump. I think most of them also assume that negative feedback is their only option.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

negative feedback

I now have an image of a disgruntled buyer staring at a watch that just won't tick.

"Thou limp-jellied offal-brained seller," muttered Joe Kupujฤ…cy. "Thou hast merchanted thyself with a false weight. This armed roundelay that tells time is thick with stillness, speaking nothing. False hollow thing! How bitter is this bargain, whereof my gold and his gage have robbed me in concave commerce. Right laggardly too was this foul-son's despatch, may the devil's seal be on him!"

Having relieved his feelings by this outburst, written carefully upon calfskin and embellished with ground vermilion mixed with egg white and the gum of an acacia tree, Joe glanced with still-active fury at the watch he had received. As he stared, his eyes grew wider.

"And now it moves?" he whispered. "Has the choler of my spleen upon the manuscript made active its properties? How then, my retaliation suffices me!"

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

negative feedback

@meggem23 wrote:

I have received negative feedback on an item without being given the chance to respond,What can I do.I have never received negative feedback before.

You do have the chance to respond to their feedback.

I have seen numerous sellers answer a buyer, along the lines of-wish you had contacted me about this as item was in good working order when posted.

Forget the neg feedback for a moment-Has the buyer opened an ebay claim for item not as described?

Until they do that, you are under no obligation to refund or take any action.

In fact, until they open a case or contact you about it, I think you should do nothing.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

negative feedback

@davewil1964 wrote:

Move on. Unless you can prove it was working when the buyer received it.

I have a pouch with a number of watches in it,(some work and some don't) but that't the reason I haven't listed

them on this site,Sunnies.gif

Went to list them on FB along with some medallions and other stuff and there is a problem with the items in

regards to their "listing" policies,(can't mention medallion,Jewels,etc),rofl.gif

Their bots are worse than eBay's,shok.gif

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

negative feedback

Hi thanks,managed to resolve the issue,feedback was revised.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply