non payer

ANOTHER NON PAYER  has 12 non payer feedbacks in the last month and is still allowed to bid. why is this allowed by ebay 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

non payer

Because sellers are doing the wrong thing and giving positive feedback and wasting their time, instead of opening non-paying disputes, recording an unpaid item strike and blocking the buyer.

Not only does it waste your time, it is a breach of ebay policy to leave a negative comment in a positive feedback, and since you can only leave positive feedback for a buyer, the unpaid item strike is the way to go - do not leave feedback.    All that does is give the buyer points.

If the first couple of sellers had given her strikes, she would not have been able to buy from you or anyone else.   Assuming you have your site preferences set to not sell to non-paying buyers.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

non payer

If you go into the fine print about putting your blocks in place you will see that ebay try and incourage you not to put too many restrictions in place as ebay tells you that that will give you a less chance of selling your item,double standards?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

non payer

Yes they are annoying but....

Use the Unpaid Item Case correctly and have your own auto-blocks in place and they don't botther you too much.

But if you go leaving negative comments within POS FB as you have done you only expose yourself to getting a strike on your own account for breach of policy. If this buyer complains to ebay about your negative comments you will find yourself in trouble and the FB comment you left them will be removed.

Don't let them get under your skin as you will just bring yourself down and they get away scott free.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

non payer

I think you'll find it's a tad more than 12. I expanded the feedback to 200 feedback per page and counted around 67 false positives on the first page. That's one seriously messed up buyer. Sadly, only a small portion of those would have opened a non payer dispute.

Hopefully at least 2 of those sellers opened and closed a dispute, so none of us here need to worry about her try to buy or bid on our stuff.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

non payer

hi,

yes i opened a non payer case on the 2 items and then closed them after no response.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

non payer

Do not trust this buyer <Removed>. bought several items from me, including one that was Just over $3000. The phone number listed was not his, the address that he listed is not his.  He registered 2 days before when he started purchasing my items. FRAUDULANT BUYER (yes, verified with the owner of the phone number & spoke with the owners of the house. 2 different suburbs) He is still listed with EBAY.  He should be kicked off!!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

non payer

well you know what to do:   if he pays, you have to post to the paypal address given.

if he doesn't pay, open an unpaid item dispute - wait for 4 days - close dispute.   Add him to your blocked buyer list.   Don't leave any feedback at all.

PS:   do NOT name buyers on the message forum, it is against the rules.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

non payer

@17rosecottage wrote:

ANOTHER NON PAYER  has 12 non payer feedbacks in the last month and is still allowed to bid. why is this allowed by ebay 

It's not allowed really, which is why sellers set their blanket blocks (as advised by eBay who can not police millions of buyers worldwide) to stop it.......

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply