non paying bidders

Did I read somewhere on ebay that non paying bidders where going to be financially penalised if they didnt pay for their item.  Or did I just misread something

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

non paying bidders

You misread.

Block them, give them a strike and move on.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

non paying bidders

@tanipozze-0 wrote:

Did I read somewhere on ebay that non paying bidders where going to be financially penalised if they didnt pay for their item.  Or did I just misread something

You have to have misread. Think about it.

How could ebay extract any money by force? I know they can deduct money from sellers eg when they refund a buyer, sometimes to the despair/outrage of the seller.

But take me, I am a buyer only these days. Ebay has no access to any bank account details of mine, I have no money in paypal.

If I were a non paying bidder and they sent me an invoice eg to recover listing fees or whatever, I might not even see the message and if I did, why would ebay assume I would pay it if I didn't even pay for the item? I would just ignore it. They couldn't do a thing.

No one is inclined to pay for nothing or for stuff they don't have. Sometimes in real life people forfeit a deposit but that is only because the money is already in the hands of a seller.

Ebay won't attempt to send non paying bidders an invoice becasue they know they won't get paid and it would just upset the bidder and risk turning them off ebay in the future.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply