non reciept of item claim

I sold an item which the seller claims was not recieved

I have photogrpahic proof of the items I posted taken at the post office which shows tracking numbers of other items lodged which show as delivered all posted the same time and date, 3 items sent were normal post 2 of those were recieved and feedback has been recieved, if I can prove I posted the items, where do I stand with them saying they never got it "questionable" and me having to give them a refund

i posted it it shouldn't be my fault if it didn't get delievered??????  or did it get delivered and they are trying to shaft me

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If the buyer opens a case through eBay, proof of delivery is required.

Sending tracked post is for your benefit, not the buyers. So you take the chance.

If the buyer opens a case in PayPal only proof of postage is required such as a receipt  with the buyers postcode on it.

Not the buyer's fault either especially as you determine what postage method the buyer should have.

So in reality, the seller has the responsibility to send it via a safe method, not just standard post where it is more easily lost.

I suggest having tracked post in all your listings and have the buyers pay for it.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Does the tracking number show as being delivered?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

tippy some were sent non tracked but I assume on the same receipt is what OP is saying.

image host
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Ahhh yes. I'm assuming it's the item the OP got the neg for, in which case there is little they can do as it was untracked. Refund is really the only option if a dispute has been opened as there is no proof of postage or delivery (as in tracking).

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

But Kopes it is a $7.50 item to send it tracked minimun would be nearly as much as the item selling price, probably best to refund and move on, as one has no proof of delivery.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

this is where ebay is flawed, the onus is on me postting it not on its delivery, once its out of my hands what control of delivery have I got

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Yes catch 22, that is why tracking is needed, but for low cost items is not cost effective, and i know from our own experience some items untracked with Oz post can suddenly turn up a month or more later, almost as if they were laying in a forgotten corner of a Oz post sorting centre,

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Tell the buyer to wait a little longer as AP deliveries are now a lot longer. It can take 3 -4 weeks its seems.

Then tell the buyer that you have photographic proof of postage, if they are trying it on for a freebie they might think twice if you have photo proof.  Don't forget to upload that photo for Paypal to see.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yes do what casbit said.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply