none payers

has any one had a lot of none payers? i have had more this month than the last ten years

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

none payers

No.

I have had a handfull in the last ten years, and none in the last month.

It probably comes down to what you're selling. I don't know as I won't look at your listings.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

none payers

thanks
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

none payers

I have a run of them a few weeks ago when ebay had their $1 final value fee promo.   But since that promo has had none.  

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

none payers

@davewil1964 wrote:

No.

I have had a handfull in the last ten years, and none in the last month.

It probably comes down to what you're selling. I don't know as I won't look at your listings.

Books, clothes and a few coins by the looks of it. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a non payer. It would be in years. Several years at least. I have blocks that stop the serial pests, but haven't even had them trying to bid or buy, as is evident by the block log. 

OP, as it appears your items are all buy it now, why not switch to immediate payment required. That stops non payers in their tracks.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

none payers

Perhaps *tippy*toes* a refinement on what you suggested would be only allowing users with a feedback rating of say ...  20 plus to buy. Is that still possible to do in the settings?

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

none payers

No, they removed that option unfortunately. I used to block people with less than 5 feedback with accounts that weren't verified. Once they verified their account, they weren't caught by that block, and that was OK. I used that setting to block guest accounts.

Often it's not low feedback buyers who don't pay. The handful that I've had over the years were all over 1,000. Of course people do get non payers with low feedback, but that wasn't my experience. 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

none payers

@4channel wrote:

Perhaps *tippy*toes* a refinement on what you suggested would be only allowing users with a feedback rating of say ...  20 plus to buy. Is that still possible to do in the settings?

Best way to kill Ebay,  it means no new buyers can come into the system,  I have a lot of low feedback buyers on my business account, never had a problem with them,  all the higher feedback ones give me the most grieve, they feel they are privilidged I think

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

none payers

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

No, they removed that option unfortunately. I used to block people with less than 5 feedback with accounts that weren't verified. Once they verified their account, they weren't caught by that block, and that was OK. I used that setting to block guest accounts.

Often it's not low feedback buyers who don't pay. The handful that I've had over the years were all over 1,000. Of course people do get non payers with low feedback, but that wasn't my experience. 

OK so it has gone now. Bit of a shame.  Yes, probably right. It can also be members with more established feedback who can be slack in paying. You can never know sometimes with these things.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

none payers

@ragscollin wrote:

has any one had a lot of none payers? i have had more this month than the last ten years

yes, a lot more now and will be even more

Is a very simple explanation - most of the listings on eBay show now "Afterpay might be available"  - only way for the buyer to see if it's available is to buy the item. A lot of sales now where buyer actually buys an item and then see Afterpay is not available and will not pay or ask for cancellation

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply