october "ebay for business" newsletter

for those who don't get it, or may not have looked at it - there's not too much that was interesting in there .. most can be found on the spring seller release 2017 page @ https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/content/spring-2017-seller-release

probably the biggest changes are that you can set new postage rate tables - so you can alter time differences and cost differences to specific locations domestically. this may have a little with the problems with estimated delivery times, but i guess time will tell? 

however, there was one thing that caught my eye at the very bottom of the email.. it says "Start removing watermarks, graffiti and borders from your images - these are not permitted and you may be subject to action from march 2018." 

so basically, recently we were told our images would be included as part of catalogues.. and so the only way to get around this really was to have some form of watermark. this has kind of infuriated me - because in the past, i've had people from overseas countries selling on ebay australia, who sells fakes of the products i sell steal my images and the only way i've been able to stop this is with branding / watermarking. i used to put an actual logo in the photographs i took, but then ebay told me that wasn't proof enough, despite the logo being over all of my material, store, listings etc. 

what are others' thoughts on this? am i being over-dramatic? 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: october "ebay for business" newsletter

I too sold $576,321 in September. Yeah, in your dreams!! I haven't sold a fraction of that on ebay in total. To me it's just proof that most of their quoted stats aren't authentic.
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: october "ebay for business" newsletter

At least I'm not the only one with sales which are wrong. Incompetent is the word which comes to mind!
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply